Hello to everybody!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

MastErAldo

Hello to everybody!

Post by MastErAldo »

First of all hi to everybody and my compliments for this great project.

I'm quite new to ReactOS, but i'm very interested on it and if i can, i'll be happy to help.

BTW i tried to install different version of ROS on different hardware to see if i was able to make it run.

I don't know if this is helpful or if this is the right section to post this, anyway, i tried to install ROS 0.34 on:

1) Intel Pentium II 300mhz ( oc 350) with 128mb of ram 66mhz, video SiS 620 with 8mb of shared memory AGP 2x, Hard disk samsung 2gb ata 66. The motherboard is a PCCHIPS M748LMRT.

Installation freezes at the language selection screen

2) AMD Athlon XP 2000+ at 1.67ghz with 256mb of DDR 333 ram, video Nvidia TNT2 32mb AGP 4x, hard disk Samsung 2gb ata 66(the same used with the pentium II), motherboard Asus A7V333

Installation freezes at the language selection screen

3) AMD Sempron 64 2800+ at 1.60ghz with 1gb of ddr 400 ram, video Nvidia geforce fx 5700 128mb AGP 8x, hard maxtor ata 133 80gb (2 x 40gb partitions), motherboard Asus k8u-x

Installation freezes at the language selections screen

Same results using the debug iso and the newer trunk build

Then I tried on the Athlon XP the live cd, it boots without a problem, but it seems that keyboard and mouse aren't recognised. I'm sure the os is not crashed because the clock on the desktop still works.

Time ago i tried to install the version 0.33 on the Athlon XP, i installed it on the first partition of the disk that is 40gb. It installed and booted perfectly. Tomorrow if i have time i would like to try to run the live cd on the pentium 2 and the Sempron to try to understand why the keyboard and the mouse haven't been recognised and maybe i'll try to install the 0.33 on the pentium 2. I hope this will help

PS: mouse and keyboard are PS/2
:wink:
Last edited by MastErAldo on Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Keyboard and mouse issues are fixed in trunk.
gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Z98 wrote:Keyboard and mouse issues are fixed in trunk.
It doesn't seem so: http://www.reactos.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=2790