Help!(Blue Screen of Death)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ymaster587

Help!(Blue Screen of Death)

Post by Ymaster587 »

Hey guys. I heard about ReactOS and wanted to try it out. I downloaded the version ReactOS that's preinstalled on a QEMU virtual machine. I opened it up and browsed around for a while. I found a button that said "net" on it so i figured that must mean the internet. Then it said something about not having a DirectX driver for Mozilla Firefox. I downloaded it and installed it...then ReactOS froze. Now whenever I start ReactOS, this comes up:
[ external image ]
Any ideas? :?:
Guennie1568

Post by Guennie1568 »

You don't need a DX driver for FF. Only install FF or the packed version of Seamonkey (not the installer - don't work)and have INet.
But you can have INet without FF or Seamonkey with the embedded Explorer and ActiveX add on.
Guennie1568
ROS-Fan und X2Pandora Audioeditor
eXile

Post by eXile »

Hi,
Then it said something about not having a DirectX driver for Mozilla Firefox.
As Mozilla Firefox is not a 3D application, it is very unlikely that it will need the DirectX components.
I downloaded it and installed it.
What did you download? The DirectX runtime? If yes, then the problem is clear: ReactOS does not support in any way the DirectX runtimes from Microsoft. It will get DirectX support later.
Now whenever I start ReactOS, this comes up
Stop 0x0000001E means a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. This is either an internal error in the ReactOS kernel, or a problem in a kernel-mode driver. As you said, you installed something (e.g. a kernel-mode driver or whatever makes the kernel instable) I would advise you to delete your downloaded image and redownload it. All personal data in the ReactOS image will be lost. Heck, ReactOS is alpha, and you did something nobody else did ever before (if I am right).

Regards,
eXile.
Ymaster587

Post by Ymaster587 »

Ok, I've redownloaded the file and everything is working fine(for an alpha :shock: ). Is there anyway to acess the internet through ReactOS at all? I read something about a ReactOS web browser...
eXile

Post by eXile »

Use the ibrowser, accessible in the start-menu.
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Now thats a signal that ReactOS is getting closer torward actual windows compatibility... the BSOD!

FlyingIsFun1217 :)