last SVN already installed with AMD CPU or VIA Chipset ?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

fm

last SVN already installed with AMD CPU or VIA Chipset ?

Post by fm »

Hello

I can't install Last SVN builds. I have an AMD CPU and a VIA Chipset . Two other members are in the same situation

So, I ask this question : who has already installed successfully one of the last SVN build(since 26200) with an AMD CPU or a VIA Chipset(Real Hardware).

Please, if you can answer, say if you did it with an AMD CPU and a VIA Chipset, or with an INTEL CPU and a VIA chipset or with an AMD CPU and another chipset, or with a VIA CPU(only with a VIA chipset)

Thank you for your answers
Last edited by fm on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

My AMD Barton on Via Asrock mobo (KM400 chipset) are currently locking up at startup screen (blank after blue.sys setup bug).

I planned to run latest revs, i planned to get a detailed debug for the setup bug... i planned as well to test ROS on my Celeron 300. Unfortunately, daily ToDo`s are being dumped without anything done:(
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

fm wrote: I think we had now a serious reason to suspect a VIA bug : Driver i8042prt.sys from last SVN builds not supported by VIA chipsets.
I think we have now a serious reason to suspect a ReactOS bug : Driver i8042prt.sys from last SVN builds does not support VIA chipsets. :)

I just found a bug introduced in r26138.

Please test these patched files: http://www.5748.nm.ru/xxx/
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Works. At least i`m through the boot screen and was able to install ROS.

Used ReactOS.26362 with the hto patch.

EDIT: ReactOS installed correctly (i think). Now it is freezing at first boot just after drivers being loaded. Will investigate and try to get the debug log.

Other thing. I need someone else to doublecheck it. I cannot write a bootloader to floppy. Provided formatted floppy, checked for errors. Can load msdos on it. ReactOS setup keeps saying that there is no disk in drive.

Also a nuisance: if one of the methodes for writing bootloader is chosen (this is, floppy or hdd) you cannot choose other one. You have to quit and reinstall the whole system.

Should i file a bugzilla report on those?
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

the bootblock wirting for flopy have I thing have been report ererly

u need install reactos twice to get partions and format working as it should and then boot loader writing to hdd works.

I do not the state of trunk for I do not have full test env install after hdd fail.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Haos wrote: Other thing. I need someone else to doublecheck it. I cannot write a bootloader to floppy. Provided formatted floppy, checked for errors. Can load msdos on it. ReactOS setup keeps saying that there is no disk in drive.
Confirmed. I can reproduce this bug in QEMU.
Haos wrote: Should i file a bugzilla report on those?
If you like. But please create one report for one bug, do not put different bugs together.
fm

Post by fm »

Hello

I have installed SVN r26303 thanks to the patch provided by HTO. No more problem with i8042prt.sys . Keyboard and Mouse work.This bug seems to be fixed.

About floppy not detected, I had the same problem a few months ago., the first time I tried to install a SVN build with the new setup program 0.4 SVN . So I had to install bootloader on the MBR. I never tried again.

ReactOS doesnt' freeze , but I have another problem : devices not detected, device drivers neither asked nor installed. No network card installed for instance.
Have you the same problem ? Do you think I should add a new bug in Bugzilla.

Thank you for your answers.
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Do you think I should add a new bug in Bugzilla.
It's up to you. I think it is unnecessary because it is known.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

This bug is already reported. It seems and old one (bug no. 420).
fm

Post by fm »

Hello

Hardware not detected, it's a regresssion. Do you know since which release this regression is known ?

Thank you