Nothing HAPPENS!!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jp_valerio01

Nothing HAPPENS!!

Post by jp_valerio01 »

Hello everyone, here other RectOS newbie, i have a celeron 2.8Ghz 254Mb ram, HD 40Gb, and nothing very special, well the thing is that i have installed the ROS 0.3.1, and there was no problem all the steps were good and the installatios finished ok, but at the end the the computer is rebooted and start the ROS at firs seems that is going to work because a picture of ReactOS is in the screen but after that NOTHING HAPPENS i can see only a black screen, i thought was a bad configuration of the video definition but i've tried almost all of them and again nothing, please if anyone could help me it would be great :(

PeterK

Re: Nothing HAPPENS!!

Post by PeterK »

jp_valerio01 wrote:... NOTHING HAPPENS i can see only a black screen .. :(
Did You try VGA ?

Ingram

Post by Ingram »

I have same problem, i see only XP-like bootscreen (ROS Style) what doesnt make nothing, HDD light doesnt flash or anything. I went to ubuntu livecd and tried with qemu, there it worked but from real reboot it just stayed in bootscreen. I gonna try this VGA stuff or something.

E: It did work, but it's VGA and still 8bit, and also its very slow.

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

There was a bug which caused general protection fault in the kernel. You can try latest development versions from http://svn.reactos.org/iso/ where this bug is fixed.

Ingram

Post by Ingram »

odd, i've downloaded latest SVN version:
bootcd-26196-rel

and if it was loading files, after that the screen is black and doesnt respond to anything.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Ingram: check this thread, and if its the same thing, post ur hardware and verions tried there.

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3671

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Hi,

Could you please try bootcd with my setupldr.sys from http://www.5748.nm.ru/setupldr/ ?

If it is bugcheck in the kernel, you will see BSOD with error code.

h-a-l-9000

Post by h-a-l-9000 »

EDIT: *** OMG - please ignore this - me vs CD-rewritable 0:1 :(

I have the same issue - screen goes black after "setup is loading files"

Computer: Celeron 300MHz on NMC 6BBX mainboard.
(Intel 82440BX/ZX)
QDI video card. PS/2 mouse.

This is the serial output:

(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:193) -----------------------------------------------------
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:194) ReactOS 0.4-SVN (Build 20070215-r25803)
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:195) Command Line: NOGUIBOOT DEBUGPORT=COM1 BAUDRATE=19200 IRQ=4
(ntoskrnl/kd/kdio.c:199) ARC Paths: multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(159) \ multi(0)disk(0)cdrom(159) \reactos\
Used memory 131072Kb
(ntoskrnl/se/semgr.c:36) FIXME: SeAccessCheck has been HACKED to always grant access!
(ntoskrnl/se/semgr.c:37) FIXME: Please fix all the code that doesn't get proper rights!
(ntoskrnl/ke/i386/kiinit.c:43) Large Page support detected but not yet taken advantage of!
WARNING: HaliQuerySystemInformation at hal/halx86/generic/sysinfo.c:26 is UNIMPLEMENTED!
(ntoskrnl/ke/i386/patpge.c:62) Advanced Memory features detected but not yet taken advantage of.
(ntoskrnl/ke/i386/mtrr.c:24) Your machine supports MTRR but ReactOS doesn't yet.

*** Fatal System Error: 0x0000007f
(0x0000000D,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)

<ntoskrnl.exe:89b23>
<ntoskrnl.exe:7da7>
<ntoskrnl.exe:87b2>
<ntoskrnl.exe:b044>
<ntoskrnl.exe:4267>
<ntoskrnl.exe:46dba>
<ntoskrnl.exe:3eb35>
<ntoskrnl.exe:29176>
<ntoskrnl.exe:7a282>

I could try with a newer revision but doubt much will change.

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I could try with a newer revision but doubt much will change.
If I remember correctly, 0x0000007f was fixed in rev. 25842. There was many changes since that time.

h-a-l-9000

Post by h-a-l-9000 »

Problem was I didn't erase the CD before writing the new image to it... :oops:

Now it sometimes even makes it to explorer before it freezes. (r26223)

Megabyte

Re: Nothing HAPPENS!!

Post by Megabyte »

jp_valerio01 wrote:Hello everyone, here other RectOS newbie, i have a celeron 2.8Ghz 254Mb ram, HD 40Gb, and nothing very special, well the thing is that i have installed the ROS 0.3.1, and there was no problem all the steps were good and the installatios finished ok, but at the end the the computer is rebooted and start the ROS at firs seems that is going to work because a picture of ReactOS is in the screen but after that NOTHING HAPPENS i can see only a black screen, i thought was a bad configuration of the video definition but i've tried almost all of them and again nothing, please if anyone could help me it would be great :(
i'm having a similar problem using 0.3.3 on an hp 733mhz celeron with 64mb sdram

Nmn

Post by Nmn »

1. the Live CD is problematic with the drivers. If you don't want to install graphics drivers which only works for nvidia cards, your not getting acceleration anyways so there is no reason to not use Qemu or VMWare Player (I happen to have Workstation but you can use the free player for this since an image is provided)

2. If you must run natively, try to install it onto an empty hard drive. If it doesn't work and you happen to have a nvidia card, you can reinstall on VGA mode and give the drivers a shot because looking at the React OS screenshots OpenGL games are once again working and last time it was nvidia drivers that worked.

I'm no expert, but last time i checked running NVidia drivers would require another OS which can handle Fat32 and a custom build too.

Megabyte

Post by Megabyte »

Nmn wrote:1. the Live CD is problematic with the drivers. If you don't want to install graphics drivers which only works for nvidia cards, your not getting acceleration anyways so there is no reason to not use Qemu or VMWare Player (I happen to have Workstation but you can use the free player for this since an image is provided)

2. If you must run natively, try to install it onto an empty hard drive. If it doesn't work and you happen to have a nvidia card, you can reinstall on VGA mode and give the drivers a shot because looking at the React OS screenshots OpenGL games are once again working and last time it was nvidia drivers that worked.

I'm no expert, but last time i checked running NVidia drivers would require another OS which can handle Fat32 and a custom build too.
i am not using the live cd. im using the install/boot disk and installing on a blank drive

Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Uhh... Any reason not to use Qemu then?