Crash after communication device driver dialogue!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

jjkola

Post by jjkola »

I wouldn't suggest using ReactOS and Windows on same partition as there is a possibility of losing files. If you want dual boot you should at least use different partitions for ReactOS and Windows.

Silver Sonic

Post by Silver Sonic »

jjkola wrote:I wouldn't suggest using ReactOS and Windows on same partition as there is a possibility of losing files. If you want dual boot you should at least use different partitions for ReactOS and Windows.
I did install it on C:\ like windows because that installer said that D:\ and E:\ are unpartioned diskspace! Now I want to remove React Os from the Boot loader and from D:\react OS and C:\ROS

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

In C:\, there should be a hidden file called boot.ini, if I remember correctly. It'll list the OSs you can choose at boot time.

As for deleting those files, just delete them manually.

Silver Sonic

Post by Silver Sonic »

Code: Select all

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect /bootlogo /bootlogo
C:\bootsect.ros="ReactOS"
thx but :?

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

It should just be a matter of deleting the line C:\bootsect.ros = ReactOS

However, do be careful with that. And as a final note, in the future, don't install operating systems to the same partition. That's just asking for conflicts and possible data corruption issues.

Silver Sonic

Post by Silver Sonic »

Z98 wrote:It should just be a matter of deleting the line C:\bootsect.ros = ReactOS

However, do be careful with that. And as a final note, in the future, don't install operating systems to the same partition. That's just asking for conflicts and possible data corruption issues.
Yeah, ok but that stupid installer said my other partitions are unpartioned diskspace!

I have got a problem I can't modify boot.ini! It's invisible even if I say everything should be visible so I can't deactivate the write protect

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I have got a problem I can't modify boot.ini!
As admin:

Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Startup and Recovery -> Edit