DHCP Network setup

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dawinsor87

DHCP Network setup

Post by dawinsor87 »

Hi, I am pretty new to ReactOS, and if this is a duplicate post, I'm sorry but I couldn't find any posts to help me.

I've set up a real computer with 0.3 and haven't had much luck with it.
It does boot, and the first thing I have been trying to overcome is getting connected to the network. My campus runs on a DHCP server that automatically assigns IP addresses. The system has an Ehterlink 10/100 Pci card, though I can switch it out for others if there are cards more likely to work.
Is it possible to obtain the network under these circumstances, or not in 0.3.0?

Thanks

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Do you have the driver installed for the network card? 0.3.0 is the first to have full networking support but you need to have the network driver installed for it to work.

dawinsor87

Post by dawinsor87 »

No it isn't, I guess that's part of my question. I don't really know how or where to put if, or how to register hack. I suppose the first step would be to find the driver and burn it to a cd?

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

However you get the driver installer or files onto the computer is up to you. You don't need to touch the register or anything.

dawinsor87

Post by dawinsor87 »

ok, well I followed the advice of another post, and copied all of the system32 folder from xp, not replaing anything there, as well as the inf folder, so I think it's already on there. What would be the next step? (If there's a wiki entry on this, I'm really sorry for not looking close enough)