Ask your support questions in here
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:55 am
I have read somewhere in this forum that I can install an OS on the hdd partition, and bootloader (freeloader) on a 3,5 floppy disk.
Is it true? And if "yes" than how I can make it run?
p.s I already "cut" from my fully NTFS hdd a small partition and format it with FAT32 and ready for Installation process %)
- Posts: 829
- Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 7:48 pm
- Location: Austria, Europe
While first step of the ReactOS setup, you can choose to either install FreeLoader ...
1) in MBR
2) on a floppy
3) don't install FreeLoader at all.
- Posts: 605
- Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:09 pm
Can I boot ReactOS without having Freeloader installed?
- Posts: 83
- Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:43 pm
- Location: Coimbra, Portugal
I think not, because, either way it has to find it...
I think, maybe unless you would use GRUB and have the BOOT.INI file witha ll your settings, I don't know...nahh forget it, you just can't, I think...
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:00 pm
There is a work in a progress for supporting ntldr but it's only available on svn. Maybe on next release version or the one after that will support ntldr.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest