VPC 2004

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

ewandouglas

VPC 2004

Post by ewandouglas »

I have downloaded and installed Reatos 0.30, in Microsoft Virtual PC2004 (now freeware) but I when I attempt to install the VPC additions, Instalshield fails to complete, any help on this would be greatly appreaceated

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

VMWares Additional Drivers and stuff dont run well, too. I'm sure that this is the same with VPC. As you should have read on the main Page, ReactOS is far from bein ready for everyday use. It's still in Alpha stadium and thats because of a reason. Wait some time and it will get better and better.

ewandouglas

Post by ewandouglas »

I understand its still an alpha, hence why Im running it in VPC! I have a old laptop which I but am planning to install it to, but as an alpha its still 2 risky

ewandouglas

Post by ewandouglas »

and I like the idea, thatgs why Im testing different types of software on VPC,

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Nice that you read it. Some guys in here sometimes sound like they forgot it ;-)

Jaix
Moderator Team

install win2k and take drivers form there.

Post by Jaix »

You could do one thing that might do the trick (or it woant help at all).
What I use to do is to make a dualinstallation between win2k and ReactOS, then I take the contents of c:\winnt\inf and c:\winnt\system32\drivers and copy it to the corresponding directories on the ReactOS installation not overwriting any files, this inserts all the drivers and inf-files needed for the VM to work, then debug output to file to identify possible errors when loading.

ewandouglas

Post by ewandouglas »

Ill try it, I have a copy of windows 2000 server I could use, thanx

h.f.j.buis

Re: VPC 2004

Post by h.f.j.buis »

ewandouglas wrote:I have downloaded and installed Reatos 0.30, in Microsoft Virtual PC2004 (now freeware) but I when I attempt to install the VPC additions, Instalshield fails to complete, any help on this would be greatly appreaceated
I had problems using MS virtualserver R2, tried VMware, set advanced option accelleration to off, now RO will boot.