3.0RC1, QEmu and Networking

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dcuny

3.0RC1, QEmu and Networking

Post by dcuny » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:17 pm

Should networking be working with the QEmu version of the 03.0 RC1 under WindowsXP? I don't seem to have any success using the default settings:
  • ping gives a Request timed out;
  • ibrowser opens a window and then closes it, and
  • Get Firefox goes through the motions of downloading and extracting, and then dies with a blue screen of death - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
Do I need to set something up differently, or is it just broken under QEmu? :?

Cristan

Post by Cristan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:25 pm

No problems here. I can internet in ReactOS. I can even ping the host pc! I can even browse at the webserver I have installed on my machine!

Phalanx

Re: 3.0RC1, QEmu and Networking

Post by Phalanx » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:46 am

dcuny wrote:Should networking be working with the QEmu version of the 03.0 RC1 under WindowsXP? I don't seem to have any success using the default settings:
  • ping gives a Request timed out;
  • ibrowser opens a window and then closes it, and
  • Get Firefox goes through the motions of downloading and extracting, and then dies with a blue screen of death - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
Do I need to set something up differently, or is it just broken under QEmu? :?
the second one is a problem with ReactOS and the ActiveX Control, but it does download and install correct. The third one is a crash that occurs when you try to install Firefox after it downloads it. I have both of these problems. There was some mention of this in the German forum.

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:40 am

I had that problem, too. 1st time FF downloaded, but crashed during install, 2nd time crashed during download, 3rd time it ran completely!
Then FF worked, but pretty slow and stopped working correct from time to time ( I think dns lookup didn't work anymore, but I'm not sure)
ROS seems a little unstable on qemu, works better on real hardware for me, but my network card doesn't work yet.
And a hint: whenever something worked (installation) then be happy, but don't get to coltish. You better restart ROS first, because if you don't, it might crash and all your work may be lost, because it wasn't written to disk properly. I hope the cache manager rewrite will work better here.