my mouse not detect

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

cekdisk

my mouse not detect

Post by cekdisk »

:( i try install reactos with install cd downloaded to my computer,but my mouse not detect how to fix it.how to install or copy source in my reactos.i am newby.thx before
Jaix
Moderator Team

Re: my mouse not detect

Post by Jaix »

cekdisk wrote::( i try install reactos with install cd downloaded to my computer,but my mouse not detect how to fix it.how to install or copy source in my reactos.i am newby.thx before
What kind of mouse are you using, Serial, PS/2 or USB? USB doesn't work very well yet, PS/2 is the best alternative. If you run vmware you need ROS to be in focus for your mouse all the time during boot, a but makes ROS not recognize the mouse otherwise.
tsg1zzn

Post by tsg1zzn »

When the computer starts, go into the bios (usually by pressing DEL or some other key). Select USB emulation, USB legacy support or something like that.
InsideLine

Post by InsideLine »

in what what version of ReactOS does it support USB mice? I've run a LiveCD of 0.2.7 or something close to that version, and my USB mouse won't work.
GreyGhost

Post by GreyGhost »

ReactOS support for USB is being worked upon..... But some have reported that if "Legacy Emulation" is enabled the USB mouse "MIGHT" work .....
I personnaly haven ever tried it ......
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

At one point (I think it has cnanged now) I could get my USB mouse to work (with legasy USB in the bios) to work only if I also pluged in my PS2 mouse. A bit werd, but you could try it if you have the hardware
Coviti

Post by Coviti »

Hmm, it seems this topic is a bit misplaced. This is the "Newbie Development Help" forum. Jaix, I believe this is a topic that would belong in the "Support" category, if you could please move it (I hate cluttered forums). ;)

Thanks