2017, 2022.......[..]...

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

orimavi

2017, 2022.......[..]...

Post by orimavi »

Illen wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:37 am
tmvkrpxl0 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:08 am Motherboard:ASUS B250M-A motherboard
Don't bother trying then, apparently, UniATA (the storage controller driver that ReactOS uses) has issues with AHCI controllers found in Skylake+ chipsets (tested on multiple Skylake+ machines, looks similar to CORE-14230). Intel has removed the IDE emulation option since Skylake, and you can't splitstream the Intel AHCI driver, as it doesn't work in ReactOS (see CORE-15073). LiveCD RAM is the only option to boot ReactOS there, although it's quite limited and you won't be really able do anything with it. If you really want to install ReactOS there, you have to either get an PCIe EHCI (USB 2.0) controller and use VGal's ReactOS build (which has new USB stack capable of USB boot), or PCIe SATA controller that is supported by UniATA (can't help much there, but I suppose that getting an older one is a safe bet). Still, I cannot guarantee that you will get ReactOS running on that machine, if you don't have any of these PCIe expansion cards, I would rather suggest to wait until the development team manages to solve at least one of the issues I mentioned before.
hey guys

is this issue still wip in the 2022 rel of reactos?
I mean in 2017 this smart guy had the explanation of why booting cd/dvd/usb where not working after the "loading drivers" then blank/frozen screen..;

just post this, cause I have few laptops there, inspiron, vaio, samsung and hp, from business ranges and individual ones too, whom are not able at all to boot the install/boot cd... was thinking I was badly doing the liveusb, then burning install cd, but it's not coming from CD/DVD/usb creation, but well from software, whom seems to do not support ... intel chipset?

well, a bit sad to have few hours to ggle and find expanation here instead of a bugfix on that project :D

Im happy to have rational explanation, but regarding solving it, I guess I can't deal with uninstallable project :o
dizt3mp3r

Re: 2017, 2022.......[..]...

Post by dizt3mp3r »

If you cannot deal with an uninstallable o/s in Alpha phase then you probably can't get your head around the concept of an operating system that is in Alpha. If that needs more explanation then please ask.

No-one should be installing and attempting to use reactOS. You should only be testing it. When you are testing do understand that a failure is also a valid test as it provides a result. If ReactOS is not ready for use on your hardware and you can't handle that, then simply put, you personally should not be attempting to use it. Perhaps you should reconsider your involvement with o/s development and come to it from a different angle.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
binarymaster

Re: 2017, 2022.......[..]...

Post by binarymaster »

orimavi wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:52 pm I guess I can't deal with uninstallable project :o
Works just fine and installable for me in VirtualBox.

If you have problems on hardware, the best thing you can do is to try debugging it: https://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging