ReactOS on Dell optiplex sx260?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Gamer569

ReactOS on Dell optiplex sx260?

Post by Gamer569 »

Hi, does anyone know if reactos can work on a dell optiplex sx260? it is from the windows xp erra in 2002, I wanted a live windows for it so I tried using the live reactos 04.13 I burned to a cd, and it only finishes the boot screen on it and it just hangs on a black screen after that. I have tried other options but they all don't work. I have waited a while. is there a way to get this to work on it?
dizt3mp3r

Re: ReactOS on Dell optiplex sx260?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Your testing proves that it may not.

Search the forums here for others with success on the same hardware.

Feel free to list your hardware as it might help others to determine the problem.

Read the ReactOS wiki FAQ before you do anything else. Then feel free to join in chat at Mattermost to get some further discussion going. It is important to lower your expectations as to what ReactOS can do and then realise that any test is a success at this stage, even if it only proves something does not work. ReactOS is Alpha grade and treat it as such.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
middings

Re: ReactOS on Dell optiplex sx260?

Post by middings »