ReactOS Install hangs at the end

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Gonna try this on Monday since the computer is at school and I am not coming to school on the weekends. Yeah, I'm not used to the commandline at all, though thanks for the help.

Coviti

Post by Coviti »

*Hits himself for having to make another post*

I would not reccomend using ReactOS at your school. It is very incomplete at this time, and there are very few applications that will run on it. I would suggest moving on to SuSE for now, and trying ReactOS again in about a year or so, when we will hopefully be much more complete.

Please don't give up on ReactOS, we just don't recommend using it for much of anything except bug hunting and compatibility testing at it's current early development stage.

Okay, now if I can only keep myself from making another post...
I think that's everything! :D

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Still not working. The command prompt stays stuck in C:\ and I can't get into D:\ at all. When I type in D:\, it gives me a bad command or file name error. When I type in just D:, it responsds with a D:\ before jumping right back to C:\. And when I use cd with whatever address, it just jumps back to C:\.

This was an experiment at best since I was trying to see what ReactOS was capable of. Granted it's like Alpha software, the potential was still there. I'm going to wait until 0.3 or something comes out before I try tinkering again.

Coviti

Post by Coviti »

I hope you can find a good alternative to Windows until ReactOS becomes more usable! I don't think you'll have much better luck with 0.3.0, since the SVN's are getting close to what the Release version will be, and you are having problems with the SVN's. I strongly encourage you to keep messing around with ReactOS -- It's becoming more and more usable every day, it just won't be recommended for situations like yours for a while yet. If you have an old, unused computer at home, you can install ReactOS and test your programs for compatibility, and submit compatibility and bug reports.

I'm going to have to start annoying some people about copy support in Explorer...

Anyways, please don't give up on us. Try ReactOS every few months until you're satisfied with it's features! :D