System hangs at language selection

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

yotoprules

System hangs at language selection

Post by yotoprules »

Hi,
So I have made a USB ramdisk on my USB flash drive to install reactos from. (0.4.13)
It works until it gets to the language selection, where the system hangs (keyboard becomes unresponsive, where you can no longer toggle num or caps lock)
I am using a PS/2 keyboard.

I also tried the latest build (0.4.15-dev-2663-ga330b56) but that locks up immediately after the loading bar, and stuck on black screen.)

Specs:
Foxconn G31mx-K
Pentium E5400
2x2gb 4GB ddr2 memory
I have tried unplugging the hdd as you can see in this video, didn't help. No drives are plugged in except the flash drive.

[ external image ]

Video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-8rGVC ... p=drivesdk
gonzoMD

Re: System hangs at language selection

Post by gonzoMD »

For USB I'd suggest to take an actual build, because 0.4.13 is quite old and many USB related fixes have been implemented. I assume you downloaded the most recent build from here: https://reactos.org/getbuilds/ ? Good so far.
The actual builds don't need any ram disk workarounds anymore, so you should be able to simply flash the iso with for example Rufus.
Because the builds are 32bit as default (64bit versions are very experimental) which can only address 4gb ram max, you can try to remove some of your ram modules and try it with a less amount of ram.
yotoprules

Post by yotoprules »

gonzoMD wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:12 am For USB I'd suggest to take an actual build, because 0.4.13 is quite old and many USB related fixes have been implemented. I assume you downloaded the most recent build from here: https://reactos.org/getbuilds/ ? Good so far.
The actual builds don't need any ram disk workarounds anymore, so you should be able to simply flash the iso with for example Rufus.
Because the builds are 32bit as default (64bit versions are very experimental) which can only address 4gb ram max, you can try to remove some of your ram modules and try it with a less amount of ram.
Hi,
I already tried the latest build and it would black screen after the loading bar, ram disk workaround or not, tried it several times. I'll try removing a ram stick so it'll have 2gb and see if that works

Edit: tried with 2 gigs, same problem.
yotoprules

Post by yotoprules »

OK, I tried it on 2 more systems, exact same problem

Msi g41m-s03, 4gb ddr3
Msi u230 laptop, 2gb ddr2
Black screen and locks up after loading boot drivers, keyboard doesn't respond.
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

did you select debug?