MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

rob

MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer

Post by rob »

There is only one thing that inhibits me from making ReactOS my only operating system. The MiniPro Tl866 Universal Programmer does not work on this operating system.

I can do everthing else on the operating system. It really is wonderful and so fast. Anyone have any ideas about how to get the programmer working on ReactOS.
oldman

Re: MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer

Post by oldman »

Test the software and report the bugs, then wait and hope that they get fixed.

These guides should help you with bugs:
How to get a debug log and How to create a JIRA Issue
Last edited by oldman on Thu May 20, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Rob, there should be many things that inhibit you from making ReactOS your only operating system, the fact that it is in Alpha and WILL corrupt your data is the most major of them. At the moment ReactOS is ONLY for testing.

So, you are new to ReactOS ? Read this in full before asking any questions - it may assist you now and it may help to answer some of your future questions - https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_FAQ#User_FAQ

Do read the whole thing, it will assist you with some basic answers to normal questions that are asked often. The team will expect you to know all this before they help you and it will make your life easier.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
rob

Post by rob »

dizt3mp3r wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:23 pm Rob, there should be many things that inhibit you from making ReactOS your only operating system, the fact that it is in Alpha and WILL corrupt your data is the most major of them. At the moment ReactOS is ONLY for testing.

So, you are new to ReactOS ? Read this in full before asking any questions - it may assist you now and it may help to answer some of your future questions - https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_FAQ#User_FAQ

Do read the whole thing, it will assist you with some basic answers to normal questions that are asked often. The team will expect you to know all this before they help you and it will make your life easier.
Hi. I understand the alpha stage. It is good the coders are careful. I was interested in the '...and WILL corrupt your data...' An example of data corruption would be of interest.

MOD EDIT: Fixed post quote
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Well, just try it. All components of ReactOS are in Alpha, the file systems especially would be worrisome to you.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

rob wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 am There is only one thing that inhibits me from making ReactOS my only operating system. The MiniPro Tl866 Universal Programmer does not work on this operating system.

I can do everthing else on the operating system. It really is wonderful and so fast. Anyone have any ideas about how to get the programmer working on ReactOS.

hi
what happens when you try to use the MiniPro TL866 Universal Programmer. do you get an error during the driver or software install ?, when you start the software do you get an error?, can the software detect the hardware?, can you start programing a chip but get an error? you will need a debug log you can get information on how to get a debug log from the wiki

this is not a recommendation to do this but as long as the system is offline I recommend when you get the system setup you use a bootable hard drive imaging program like ​clonezilla or Rescuezilla to make a backup image of the hard drive. before you make any changes to the system manually backup all important files and then use ​clonezilla or Rescuezilla to make a new hard drive image then make the changes. it is also recommended to manually backup any changed files every hour or when you stop working on the files and manually backup all important files at the end of the day.
you also need to make shore the new copy's are not corrupted and use a second system to store the backup files you cannot use the same drive that gets plugged in to the ReactOS box to hold the backup files

can you also link to a page to get the drivers
rickilorj34

Post by rickilorj34 »

There is only one thing that inhibits me from making ReactOS my only operating system. The MiniPro Tl866 Universal Programmer does not work on this operating system.

Some problem :(