ReactOS not booting after installation - Proxmox VE 6.3-2

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

test_pilot

ReactOS not booting after installation - Proxmox VE 6.3-2

Post by test_pilot »

I am trying to install ReactOS 0.4.13 release 14 using the Boot CD on to a virtual machine running on a proxmox server. The first part of the installation (partitioning and copying files) seems to work without issue. However, the system fails to boot properly afterwards. It gets as far as the splash screen, after which a stop screen appears with the error code PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. The target architecture is x86-64, the vm has been given 1 virtual CPU with 1 core, 512MB of RAM, standard VGA with 32MB of video memory, Realtek RTL8139 network card, LSI 53C895A SCSI controller, and an emulated 400GB IDE disk. I can include the specs of the physical machine itself if needed. I have attached an image of the stop screen itself as well as two images which comprise the debug log. Any advice on how to get this bootable would be greatly appreciated.

stop screen
[ external image ]
backtrace pt 1
[ external image ]
backtrace pt 2
[ external image ]
oldman

Re: ReactOS not booting after installation - Proxmox VE 6.3-2

Post by oldman »

You have included a lot of information in your post, which is good, but you have not stated what virtual machine you are using and what operating system that is set to emulate.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, he did.
https://www.proxmox.com/de/proxmox-ve but yes, he did not say for what OS it was set up
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
oldman

Post by oldman »

EmuandCo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am Well, he did.
https://www.proxmox.com/de/proxmox-ve but yes, he did not say for what OS it was set up
I show my ignorance on that.

"a virtual machine running on a proxmox server"

Not knowing anything about a proxmox server, it read to me that the poster was running an unknown virtual machine on an unknown server.

I stand corrected.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

test_pilot wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:46 pm I am trying to install ReactOS 0.4.13 release 14 using the Boot CD on to a virtual machine running on a proxmox server.
Better luck with a nightly build.

Picture courtesy of @BieHDC.

reactos-on-proxmox.png
reactos-on-proxmox.png (139.04 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
test_pilot

Post by test_pilot »

EmuandCo wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:25 am but yes, he did not say for what OS it was set up
I set the OS to XP/2003 in the Proxmox settings. Hopefully this answers your question. I have gotten the nightly build working fine so obviously a resolution on this problem isn't urgent, but hopefully it helps the project to fix some bugs.
oldman

Post by oldman »

test_pilot wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:27 pm I set the OS to XP/2003 in the Proxmox settings. Hopefully this answers your question.
You have set it to the correct OS, so yes, you have answered the question.
test_pilot wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:27 pm I have gotten the nightly build working fine so obviously a resolution on this problem isn't urgent, but hopefully it helps the project to fix some bugs.
You have solved your problem now, by using one of the latest builds.

Your original problem with the earlier version, I cannot see being looked into, unless it re-occurs.