Some Feature of Windows XP not working

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

wantit

Some Feature of Windows XP not working

Post by wantit »

I have an Accounting package which runs under Windows XP and under WINE on Linux providing I install Service Pack 3. The result I get on ReactOS is the same as I get under WINE on Linux with no Windows Service Pack installed (No extra WINE Components installed). WINE level was 5.22 .The Accounting Software Package runs OK, but when it Prints an Invoice Form, some User Added fields are not picked up. There must be some Feature in ReactOS that is missing and was incorporated in Windows Service Pack 3. The WINE Component I installed was "riched30" , which I presumed was Service Pack 3. I do not get any errors. If I did not look at the Invoice I would not have known that anything was wrong.
dizt3mp3r

Re: Some Feature of Windows XP not working

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You were very lucky to have managed to get that far. You are aware that ReactOS is in Alpha and not in a fit state for real life usage, surely?

If not, then read the ReactOS FAQ from top to bottom. It will put you straight.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
oldman

Re: Some Feature of Windows XP not working

Post by oldman »

wantit wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:27 am There must be some Feature in ReactOS that is missing and was incorporated in Windows Service Pack 3.
The printing component of ReactOS is not yet complete and as far as I am aware, there is still only a minimum capability to print.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.