static route

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

dcs

static route

Post by dcs »

Hi:
I created an VM instance of ReactOS (20210107-0.45.15-dev-1606-g4ca7926) on a Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 host.
The VM instance has two NICs, one attached to a network were a DHCP server successfully provides an IP address and default gateway.
The other NIC is attached to a static network. On this NIC I manually set an IP address and I'd like to enter some persistent routes rather than a default gateway, but the 'route add' command don't seem to work. Even non-persistent route addition entries fail to show up after entered. I then tried entering my routes via the registry, again the routes do not appear (or work).
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks
learn_more
Developer

Re: static route

Post by learn_more »

dcs wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:19 am Hi:
I created an VM instance of ReactOS (20210107-0.45.15-dev-1606-g4ca7926) on a Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 host.
The VM instance has two NICs, one attached to a network were a DHCP server successfully provides an IP address and default gateway.
The other NIC is attached to a static network. On this NIC I manually set an IP address and I'd like to enter some persistent routes rather than a default gateway, but the 'route add' command don't seem to work. Even non-persistent route addition entries fail to show up after entered. I then tried entering my routes via the registry, again the routes do not appear (or work).
Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks
https://git.reactos.org/?p=reactos.git; ... te/route.c

There is a very basic implementation, but I have never tried it.
dcs

Post by dcs »

Thanks. I did briefly look at the source code but did not thoroughly check it to see if all options are implemented.
Should I open a bug item to track this?
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

dcs wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:46 pm Should I open a bug item to track this?
If you can clearly write down all the steps to reliably reproduce the problem on a virtual machine, sure.

See https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs