I just installed the bootcd on my Thinkpad T400

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

noalternative67

I just installed the bootcd on my Thinkpad T400

Post by noalternative67 »

Everything seemed to go smoothly and everything, thus far works. I installed reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-1605-gab45955-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.7z. I am dual booting with Ubuntu. I only have two issues I must resolve to move forward. I have no networking, and I need to get some realtek drivers for my ethernet adapter, and after I reinstalled Ubuntu, I can't get grub2 to make a listing for it. The later problem with Grub needs to be dealt with first. Your help is appreciated.
MadWolf

Re: I just installed the bootcd on my Thinkpad T400

Post by MadWolf »

noalternative67 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:18 am Everything seemed to go smoothly and everything, thus far works. I installed reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-1605-gab45955-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.7z. I am dual booting with Ubuntu. I only have two issues I must resolve to move forward. I have no networking, and I need to get some realtek drivers for my ethernet adapter, and after I reinstalled Ubuntu, I can't get grub2 to make a listing for it. The later problem with Grub needs to be dealt with first. Your help is appreciated.
hi is the computer you are installing ReactOS you're mane computer? ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes and not recommended to be installed on your main computer

I recommend you do not dual boot Ubuntu & ReactOS as you may be installing a lot of different builds
noalternative67

Post by noalternative67 »

Thanks! I guess I just have to try everything first.
Julcar

Post by Julcar »

noalternative67 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:18 am Everything seemed to go smoothly and everything, thus far works. I installed reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-1605-gab45955-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.7z. I am dual booting with Ubuntu. I only have two issues I must resolve to move forward. I have no networking, and I need to get some realtek drivers for my ethernet adapter, and after I reinstalled Ubuntu, I can't get grub2 to make a listing for it. The later problem with Grub needs to be dealt with first. Your help is appreciated.
use a linux livecd to restore grub on the mbr to get access to both systems, then, you should try to find the vendor/device string with lspci and use it to google your network adapter, take in consideration the fact you must look for Windows 2000/XP/2003 compatible drivers