Anyway to get Bluetooth in VirtualBox?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

DivergentDroid

Anyway to get Bluetooth in VirtualBox?

Post by DivergentDroid »

My system doesn't have any external speakers. I use a pair of bluetooth headphones. Is there any way to get bluetooth working in virtual box? I'm using ReactOS 0.4.13 on Windows 10 1909 as the host and VirtualBox 6.1.16.140961. Thanks.
binarymaster

Re: Anyway to get Bluetooth in VirtualBox?

Post by binarymaster »

DivergentDroid wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm My system doesn't have any external speakers. I use a pair of bluetooth headphones. Is there any way to get bluetooth working in virtual box? I'm using ReactOS 0.4.13 on Windows 10 1909 as the host and VirtualBox 6.1.16.140961. Thanks.
Just connect your headphones via bluetooth to the host system.

I don't see how it related to VirtualBox or ReactOS at all. :roll: VirtualBox will output any sound to your host system, if it's enabled in VM settings.
DivergentDroid

Post by DivergentDroid »

binarymaster wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:48 pm
VirtualBox will output any sound to your host system, if it's enabled in VM settings.
[/quote]

Perhaps that's the problem. How do I do that? What setting do I need to enable? My headphones work fine through Windows but either it's not working through VB or ReactOS isn't detecting it.

Would this work for my Mod Mic Wireless Bluetooth 5 microphone too?
Last edited by DivergentDroid on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

I believe by default audio is enabled and will output to your default audio device. Check your VM settings to make sure.

The more likely issue is that the audio in your ReactOS install isn't working since that had been an ongoing issue. The wiki is a bit out of date, but check it out for some hints: https://reactos.org/wiki/VirtualBox#Setting_up_audio