Audio driver for Dell D531?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

DJ_Level_3

Audio driver for Dell D531?

Post by DJ_Level_3 »

I just bought a Dell Latitude D531 laptop, and everything works but audio. I have tried to install drivers using the official .EXE from Dell but it says that it 'failed to initialize gui' and exits out.

Is there a solution for this problem or am I screwed?
dizt3mp3r

Re: Audio driver for Dell D531?

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Search the forum for similar, try latest daily ROS update, learn how to report bugs so we know have enough detail (what versions of everything you are trying) and realise that ReactOS is Alpha so most likely in one respect or other you are 'screwed'.

Apart from that you have a good chance of getting that laptop to operate in a non-stable fashion (solely for testing) but lots will not work.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
oldman

Re: Audio driver for Dell D531?

Post by oldman »

If your driver .exe unpacks the drivers, then use the update driver menu in ReactOS Device Manager. You should then get the driver install wizard. Point it to the folder containing the driver .inf and .sys files for sound and see if it installs.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.