Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

mick2004

How to install IPX to ReactOS

Post by mick2004 »

Hello,

This is my first topic.
I am harbour developer.
How to add IPX and NetWare network client to ReactOS ? (I have IPX for Win 7 - 10)

Best Regards

dizt3mp3r

Re: How to install IPX to ReactOS

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Chap, nice to have you on board, read the ReactOS FAQ from top to bottom before you try anything.

https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_FAQ

It should make it clear that ReactOS is in Alpha - so lower your expectations. Someone here might be able to help if you posted details of what you are trying to do, on what system &c, ie. the usual system/software details that are needed when asking for help.
Skillset: VMS sysadmin 20 years, fault Tolerance, cluster, Vax, Alpha, ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB6, NET, PHP, JS, CMS, Graphics, Project Manager, DOS, Windows admin from 1985. Quad Electronics. Classic cars & motorbikes. Artist watercolours. Historian.

mick2004

Post by mick2004 »

Hello,

Thank You for answer.
My system version is 0.4.13 and i see : (in this site : https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_Update )
New feature
Support for IPX/SPX
but I don't see how to ?

Best Regards

dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

All software is implemented or configured in the same manner as Windows 2003. If it is present in ReactOS (and working) then you configure it in the usual Windows fashion. If it isn't present or broken then it is simply not yet fully present or broken.

Just because a document says it has been implemented doesn't mean it is delivered and 100% working. It normally means it is there but a lot of work still needs to be done. You'll have to try it and see.
Skillset: VMS sysadmin 20 years, fault Tolerance, cluster, Vax, Alpha, ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB6, NET, PHP, JS, CMS, Graphics, Project Manager, DOS, Windows admin from 1985. Quad Electronics. Classic cars & motorbikes. Artist watercolours. Historian.

karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

mick2004 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:32 am
My system version is 0.4.13 and i see : (in this site : https://reactos.org/wiki/ReactOS_Update )
New feature
Support for IPX/SPX
The heading for that section reads, "ReactOS Update (ReactUpdate) concept #2". This is a proposal/concept for how an update tool could work. This is not a statement regarding ReactOS's ability to support IPX/SPX.

mick2004

Post by mick2004 »

OK , Thank You for answer.

Best Regards