Question - making the ReactOS image a bootable CD with Nero

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Goldfish!

Question - making the ReactOS image a bootable CD with Nero

Post by Goldfish! » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:29 am

First of all WOW!

I have been peeking at and playing with ReactOS for some four years on emulators and hadn't looked in about nine months. Was always impressed with it but I loaded it the other day in VMWare and all I can say is again....WOW. Great progress guys and congrats to everyone involved from people like me who tinker up to the hearty well deserved props to those developing.

I've seen the newest on VMware and I'm now steadily hooked. I'm ready for a hardware test on one of my scrappers...more ready for it than I ever was any flavor of Lin-Sux to play with (sorry penguin fans....I just have never been down with all that goes on in the 5th dimension of Lin-Sux. You have to have firm documentation and a set of design and usability standards to make a PC usable in the first place and yes Microsoft did set that kind of standard in the industry with most hardware and software manufacturers no matter whether you like how they did it or not).

Anyhows, personal philosophy aside:

Ummmm can someone walk me through making the download ISO bootable?

I've tried burning the ISO straight...and tried burning it as a bootable in NERO. I personally am more familiar with building standard systems and making images so what I know about how to work with ISO's is limited. Anyone care to educate me on what I need to do to make a bootable CD so I can finally try what seems to be a really REAAALLLY solid version of ReactOS on real hardware finally?

Thanks in advance!

Goldfish!

*image for *ISO

Post by Goldfish! » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:36 am

sorry...like I said...more used to building standard images. don't know much on ISO's or how to distribute or use them.

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:54 am

if by burning it straight you ended up with a cd containing one iso file you did it wrong, try this instead.

In my version of nero, yours is probably very similar, from "neru smartStart" in the "copy and backup" section you will find a "burn image to disk" option. This is the one you need it will prompt you for the file, just change the type in the open dialogue so you can pick iso and click ok/next/burn several times and you should be done.

Beware however that last I saw the live cd was a little bit behind the other versions in some ways as well as not being network compatible (that requires a restart/changing files, that can't be done on a CD)

Goldfish!

I'm not using the Live CD ISO

Post by Goldfish! » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:36 pm

I'm using the regular ISO. I'm trying to install ReactOS on a hardware based machine finally. I've been using EMU's and such for awhile. Time to see this baby really rock.

Oh and I have the full suite of Nero

Fork

Post by Fork » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Simplest way:
open Nero Express, Click on the Button that says "Image, Project, Copy" (depending on what Nero version)..
Then Click on "Disc Image or Saved Project", Select the ISO and burn..
:)

Goldfish!

Post by Goldfish! » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:18 am

Yeah that worked Fork....thanks.

Now if you'll see my next post and offer any more magical advice :D
'There is no love between us anymore....'