got the source, compiled, booted but does not work...

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Baldomero

got the source, compiled, booted but does not work...

Post by Baldomero » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:22 pm

Hello, I was trying to compile myself the svn today. I did it as explained on the wiki, everything worked ok. When I booted the installation CD it shows the Setup is loading files (xxxxx). after that, when it should start asking things to the user it just freezes with a screen with the reactos 0.3-svn setup on top, but nothing else.

I wanted to make some daily isos and put them online. The question is: is there something I could have done wrong, or is that normal with the svn code that these things happen?

I compiled it with a debian (Sid) machine, with make bootcd only.

Also, do you recommend me some filename for those isos?

One more question, what do you recommend me for a ISO just for testing the new svn? disable debug and those things I mean. I don't know how to do that; also, the compilation is default to i386,486,586??
I saw on the wiki the export ROS_PREFIX=i586-mingw32msvc and applied it....

EDIT: I got the answers on the IRC channel..

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:47 am

Good to hear you got it fixed, what was the problem (it may help somebody in the future). Also, you said you were going to make the daily iso's avalable, do you have a URL?

Jaix
Moderator Team

Daily builds

Post by Jaix » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:59 pm

When you have everything ready please give me the link to your download page and I will insert it in the "Nightly builds avaiable" tread so it stays on top and is easy to find for everyone.