Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Post Reply
bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm



Hi Ya all,

When I get to this part of The Instructions for installing React os . (Go to 'Storage' and select the empty disk IDE controller.
Under Attributes, select your Live CD image and tick the 'Live CD/DVD' checkbox).

This is not how it looks and these directions are wrong ? Or I am ? Can someone clue me in on what to do next?

Thank You,
bobo42813
:o :geek: :oops:

oldman
Posts: 1039
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by oldman » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 pm

bobo42813 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm


Hi Ya all,

When I get to this part of The Instructions for installing React os . (Go to 'Storage' and select the empty disk IDE controller.
Under Attributes, select your Live CD image and tick the 'Live CD/DVD' checkbox).

This is not how it looks and these directions are wrong ? Or I am ? Can someone clue me in on what to do next?

Thank You,
bobo42813
:o :geek: :oops:
Where have you acquired these instructions from?

Try following these instructions.
Please keep the Windows classic (9x/2000) look and feel.
The layman's guides to - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - with some complementary scripts.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm

The instructions come from the React OS WIKI. And all of a sudden it decided to Boot up and install. But there is no Internet Browser included in the .iso ? So no browsing the internet or Downloading .

If you know a solution to this problem? I'd appreciate your help.

Thank you,
bobo42813

:oops: :?

hbelusca
Developer
Posts: 1091
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:36 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by hbelusca » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:38 pm

bobo42813 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm
The instructions come from the React OS WIKI. And all of a sudden it decided to Boot up and install. But there is no Internet Browser included in the .iso ? So no browsing the internet or Downloading .

If you know a solution to this problem? I'd appreciate your help.

Thank you,
bobo42813

:oops: :?
Hi,

Before posting, have you tried to look at what's inside ReactOS? Haven't you seen that there is the Wine IExplore? Haven't you seen there is something called "ReactOS Applications Manager"? Should you have attempted to open it you would have seen that it proposes some webbrowsers for download.

:evil: :x :roll: :arrow: :!:

EmuandCo
Developer
Posts: 4239
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: Germany, Bavaria, Steinfeld
Contact:

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by EmuandCo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 pm

Hats off man, could have been my reply :lol:
Image
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

middings
Posts: 982
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 9:18 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by middings » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 am

bobo wrote:The instructions come from the ReactOS WIKI.
Don't make others guess, bobo. Provide the link to the web page.

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:37 pm

GOOGLE React OS WIki. There's a link on React Os website. To this wiki?????

:lol: :lol:

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:39 pm

EmuandCo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Hats off man, could have been my reply :lol:
I guess this means an Old fart like me should wait for the release of a non testing copy? I could drop dead before that.

:D :roll:

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 pm

oldman wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 pm
bobo42813 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm


Hi Ya all,

When I get to this part of The Instructions for installing React os . (Go to 'Storage' and select the empty disk IDE controller.
Under Attributes, select your Live CD image and tick the 'Live CD/DVD' checkbox).

This is not how it looks and these directions are wrong ? Or I am ? Can someone clue me in on what to do next?

Thank You,
bobo42813
:o :geek: :oops:
Where have you acquired these instructions from?

Try following these instructions.
I've been out of my mind the past few days. And I will try this. I have also looked at your Wiki.
Thank you,

I'll let you know asap what happens.
:D :oops:

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:49 pm

middings wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:13 am
bobo wrote:The instructions come from the ReactOS WIKI.
Don't make others guess, bobo. Provide the link to the web page.
If you re-read this? Guessing is not an issue !! :lol:

bobo42813
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Re: Oracle Virtual Machine will not boot.

Post by bobo42813 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:53 pm

EmuandCo wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 pm
Hats off man, could have been my reply :lol:
Oh, Thanks so much. I thought that React Os was a fully working OS that would work whenever someone would want to work with such. I'm very sorry. I'll go back to sleep now. Have fun...

:o

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests