react 0.4.5

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

natural1

react 0.4.5

Post by natural1 » Sat May 20, 2017 6:56 pm

hey, got this to jnstall flawlessly. however,it couldn't get the MB drivers. like no USB, Lan,Audio. the suport CD for the MB said it was not compatible with the OS . I like the looks and all, but with no Lan it is very limited.

middings

Re: react 0.4.5

Post by middings » Sat May 20, 2017 10:13 pm

natural1 wrote:hey, got this to jnstall flawlessly. however,it couldn't get the MB drivers. like no USB, Lan,Audio. the suport CD for the MB said it was not compatible with the OS . I like the looks and all, but with no Lan it is very limited.
Translation:
Hello. I installed ReactOS release 0.4.5. The installation process did not bugcheck (BSOD), hang, or brick my PC. However, ReactOS could not install the drivers for the PC motherboard's hardware (such as USB, LAN, and audio). I could not use the motherboard's own support CD to load the drivers. The driver installation software on that CD reports that it is not compatible with the operating system. I like the appearance of ReactOS and other things about it but with no local area network (LAN), the usefulness of ReactOS for my purposes is very limited.
Tell your motherboard support CD's installation program that you want drivers for Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
If that doesn't work, try installing the motherboard's drivers without using the motherboard support CD's installation program.