where can i download

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

tias

where can i download

Post by tias » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:00 pm

Hi!
Where can i download version 0.2.9 its empty in the download section.

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:14 pm

I think the downloads have been temporeroly taken down due to the possable leaked windows code problem, however you could try some of the links from this thread: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=344 , a nightly build may be as close as you get at the moment.

Im not sure when the downloads will be back wether it will be soon or not untill the problem is fully resolved (the news item says this could take years).

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:44 pm

Downloads will be available once we have a new, audited repositry which will boot.

No code which is deemed to be tainted will be put back online. All code in the new repostiry must pass the new strict guidelines.

Replacing all the lost code will probably take years, but I don't expect it to be years before a working repositry is made available. However, this working repositry won't have as much functionality as the previous one did.

It is my hope that once the critical code is rewritten, although a lot of other code will still be missing, we can look at moving forward once again.
Our previous kernel was so advanced, we could possibly do without some of it's features and still have a functional model.

temarez

Post by temarez » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:42 pm

Can anyone say for now what particular code will be removed. As far as I understood it is mostly kernel code. Does it mean that functionality will be worse then in 0.2.0 version? And we probably won't see any version even if it will be less productive for next months? I mean will development results be closed for public during this time?

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:38 pm

temarez wrote:Can anyone say for now what particular code will be removed. As far as I understood it is mostly kernel code.
We haven't yet gone through the process of identifing exactly what is and isn't tainted.
Does it mean that functionality will be worse then in 0.2.0 version?
Initially, functionality will be non-existant as many of the core parts of ReactOS will be removed.
And we probably won't see any version even if it will be less productive for next months?
I very much doubt we will have a working model for a while now. :(
The timescale will depend on what ReactOS do without, which doesn't break normal running procedures, and how quickly the code can be replaced.
I mean will development results be closed for public during this time?
It hasn't been discussed as to how much of the auditing process will be publically available. The SVN repositry will be closed for some time though.

cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Could you post a message explaining this on the download page, instead of "This page is temporary unavailable.", since it will take much time before it get available again.... :?

dzaky

Old version or new version link

Post by dzaky » Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:08 am

if anybody have the old version of reactos, i'd like to have it also with the source code. I'm from indonesia, and would like to translate it to my country language.
Thanks in advance.

Mrkaras

Re: Old version or new version link

Post by Mrkaras » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:02 pm

dzaky wrote:if anybody have the old version of reactos, i'd like to have it also with the source code. I'm from indonesia, and would like to translate it to my country language.
Thanks in advance.
There should be some audited code in the new repository soon, probably enough to at least start translating.

If you used the old code you may be translating a file that needs to be re-writen first.

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:38 pm

I suggest you get the new audited trunk from svn (svn://svn.reactos.org/audited/trunk). It's not much in there, but you can start with the explorer, winefile, ibrowser, msconfig and servman. I hope there will be more when you have finished these. I think freeldr and several utils will be back soon. I don't know about the WINE code. It should be clean and also back soon. Or you can get the wine code and help translate that.

dzaky

Post by dzaky » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:45 pm

thank you for your advice mate, i had downloaded the source code from the wiki link. but still confused where to start my translation project :oops:

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:42 pm

I'd suggest to start with explorer (reactos/base/shell/explorer), you can also test it on winxp. (Just compile it and put the notifyhook.dll into the same folder as the executable and it should run on xp, to run as a shell, just end your xp explorer.exe in the taskmanager and start ros explorer.exe)

If you don't really know how to translate, take a look here:
http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/T ... troduction

dzaky

Post by dzaky » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:03 am

thanks mate, i'll start this project as my Final Project at College done.