memory allocation failed: out of memory

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

CD That Guy CD

memory allocation failed: out of memory

Post by CD That Guy CD »

Hello Everyone,

First post.

I have a ASUS mother board that does not have on board video and no options to disable shared memory since there isn't any. (? right ?)

but i get this error either from the liveCD or ISO
"memory allocation failed: out of memory"

I have already contacted asus for a possible work around but i'm coming up short.

not sure how to move forward from here. I really want to run this os as my main to see how it handles but im not even getting close.

Thank you for assistance

osuser25

Re: memory allocation failed: out of memory

Post by osuser25 »

I have the exact same error with 0.4.3. boot cd, live cd, and the latest nightly build boot cd. I would like to test some crashes/memory issues outside of a VirtualBox so I was
attempting to install ReactOS on a Windows Vista era HP Pavillion laptop.

middings

Post by middings »

osuser25

Post by osuser25 »

I read it already :P

The bug seems to be the same one listed in https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-9340

middings

Post by middings »

https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-93 ... ment-65635

Yes, osuser25, the bug reported in CORE-9340 may be what you and CD That Guy CD have encountered. You can verify this by testing the two revisions mentioned in this comment to CORE-9340, r66086 and r66087. If only the second revision exhibits this particular bug, then you are probably seeing the same problem. You could add the name and model of your computer (or motherboard & CPU if homebuilt) to the comments by reporting that you appear to be seeing the same problem.

The ReactOS JIRA issue tracking system shares user credentials with the ReactOS forum. To leave a comment, use your forum username and password to log in to the ReactOS JIRA.

osuser25

Post by osuser25 »

middings wrote:https://jira.reactos.org/browse/CORE-93 ... ment-65635

Yes, osuser25, the bug reported in CORE-9340 may be what you and CD That Guy CD have encountered. You can verify this by testing the two revisions mentioned in this comment to CORE-9340, r66086 and r66087. If only the second revision exhibits this particular bug, then you are probably seeing the same problem. You could add the name and model of your computer (or motherboard & CPU if homebuilt) to the comments by reporting that you appear to be seeing the same problem.

The ReactOS JIRA issue tracking system shares user credentials with the ReactOS forum. To leave a comment, use your forum username and password to log in to the ReactOS JIRA.

Added a comment on Jira.

This is system details.

[ external image ]

osuser25

Post by osuser25 »

r66086 boots into the install menu. I will make a new partition and see if it works.

P.S. installed and it works, except for some network stuff.

P.P.S. Does ReactOS support Wifi?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

A bit, but only if the driver provides own config tools and no WPA/2 is used.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

osuser25

Post by osuser25 »

Is there something else I need to do to give the devs more information, or have they figured it out?

middings

Post by middings »

Thank you for adding your information to CORE-9340. If a developer (dev) requires more information from you, the dev will ask you in a comment to CORE-9340. Please be patient. Unfortunately there are many reported issues and only a few devs.