Bluescreen in recent SVN builds (in MS VPC and VMWare 4.5)

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

512dev

Bluescreen in recent SVN builds (in MS VPC and VMWare 4.5)

Post by 512dev »

On the first boot, in VPC and VMWare, recent ReactOS 0.3.0-SVN builds generate this bluescreen (before reaching the Desktop) :
[ external image ]
This never happened with earlier SVN builds. I only started noticing this in the past week or so in the SVN. What's going on, and why is it crashing?

Thanks,
ScoTTie

Post by ScoTTie »

Not sure about VPC, but with VMware try not installing the VMware graphics driver during the install.
GvG

Post by GvG »

As of r20591, the VMware display driver issue is solved. It also would have shown a different stacktrace than what I see on the screenshot.
MarOrt

Post by MarOrt »

It just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing ROS resembling NT so much... (I not kidding I am really proud on you devloppers!) :D
Matthias

Post by Matthias »

MarOrt wrote:It just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling seeing ROS resembling NT so much... (I not kidding I am really proud on you devloppers!) :D
I can't see any similarities, but never mind ;)
h-a-l-9000

Post by h-a-l-9000 »

I also get this (same stack trace) blue screen randomly at boot time on my 300MHz test PC.
Chis

Post by Chis »

What about those of us that get a similar bluescreen during the install process complaining about floppy.sys? I asked around on #Reactos, and got some helpful suggestions, but I still haven't gotten it to work. I've tried a couple of the newest SVN ISOs (admittedly a few days ago), and no joy at all. This is in QEMU and on real hardware.
h-a-l-9000

Post by h-a-l-9000 »

Disable floppy drive/controller in BIOS?
menn

Post by menn »

best advice i've heard for floppy.sys crashes is to delete floppy.sys - smarter yet, rename the extention.

will that work for you?
FOSS="MY Computer"
drm="NOT My Computer" http://eff.org
Chis

Post by Chis »

First suggestion that was made. I rebuilt the ISO without floppy.sys and the installer complains that it can't find floppy.sys, and then proceeds to boot off the hard disk.

I tried using an older version of floppy.sys (from 0.2.9) but then the installer brings up another similar stop error, this time with ntoskrnl.exe.

HAL: First time I tried this on real hardware without a floppy installed, same results. So that doesn't work either.