Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

fuzz

partioning problem/install prob

Post by fuzz »

well, i want to try ros on my pc, and i have a 120 gig hdd that is partioned

C: 110g /w windows xp NTFS
D: 10 g /free FAT 32

and in the installer all that shows up is the C drive, yet i want to install to the D drive? can you please help me?
Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras »

Sounds a bit odd, i can install on disks other than C: but the installer will only write a boot sector if you install on the promear master c:.

You could disconnect and re-wire (+ set jumpers) to have your FAT32 disk the primery master, possably the only disk at the time and install that way, the install should be easier and safer anyway.

Your fat32 disk doesn't have any strange foot sector like thinges to support large disks on old bios? maby check if you can see your fat disk from a DOS boot disk.
TOTMS

Re: partioning problem/install prob

Post by TOTMS »

fuzz wrote:well, i want to try ros on my pc, and i have a 120 gig hdd that is partioned

C: 110g /w windows xp NTFS
D: 10 g /free FAT 32

and in the installer all that shows up is the C drive, yet i want to install to the D drive? can you please help me?
I dont think that ROS can detect NTFS partitions. In all likely hood drive C in the ROS installer is the 10Gb FAT32. (Check the sizes though)

Konrad
www.totms.co.uk
menn

it CAN "detect" them, per se

Post by menn »

"ReactOS recognizes the partitions as NTFS partitions, but doesn't have the filesystem support to actually work with them. So, your NTFS partitions should be quite safe, ReactOS will not touch them. Just don't sue me if there's a bug though...." - GvG

http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... partitions
FOSS="MY Computer"
drm="NOT My Computer" http://eff.org