[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Black_Fox

Re: [ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!

Post by Black_Fox »

Here is link to Russian subforum: https://reactos.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=11
middings

Post by middings »

Diamax1985 wrote:Не загружается ReactOS 0.3.17 с установочного диска. Доходит до Boot и все, черный экран. Побывал на AMD и Intel. HDD форматировал в FAT32 и в NTFS.
Diamax1985 wrote:ReactOS 0.3.17 is not loaded from the installation disk . Comes to loading and all black screen. Visited the AMD and Intel. HDD formatted in FAT32 and NTFS.
Give the link above to Russian forum with technical support.
A similar problem was reported in December by surfinjo, "Black screen after Live CD loads".
This forum topic, "[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!", is not intended for support requests. This topic is about how to make a good request for support help or a bug report.

To obtain ReactOS community support, please start a new topic in the Support forum then write a post that describes your problem or add to an existing support forum topic that discusses the problem you observe.
Diamax1985

Post by Diamax1985 »

I understand that no one and did not think to answer questions. Shortcuts on the Russian forum bad . There's no technical support. So either use a translator or create full technical support in Russian.
Guenni60

Post by Guenni60 »

(I am a German User; but I write in Englisch)
Hello, I want to tested ReactOS with Version 0.3.14, 0.3.16 and 0.3.17 on my "big" Computer (self-build)
with Mainboard GIGABYTE TA770UD3 with CPU AMD X3 435, NVIDIA Graficcard and some (more) HDD and CD/DVD/BD; RAM 4 GiB and a lot of other things.
I have tested several times both with Boot-Cd (to install? so I would prefer the name "Install-CD")
and with the Live-CD.
This Mainboard needs a special Driver for the SATA/IDE-Drives, which I had need to install my Windows 2000. I think this is the cause for problems.
After the Start with ReactOS the CD bootet, If I press a Button to see what Drivers are Loading but
anytime the Booting stopped and nothing happend anymore.

What should I do for solve this Troubling ?
Would be a suggest to send you the special SATA-Driver from my Mainboard-CD rsp. a copy from the CD
to solve this problem?

Now I have some troubles with WINDOWS 2000, so I would be glad if I could start a Rescue-System.
The CD "Bart-c't-PE 3.15 (or so) start without problems, but this CD cannot find any network-card in it,
although the mainboard has a Realtek-8111 (or a Realtek 8169)- and a Tokenring-Network-Card have inside.

There are no possibility to load a special SATA-Driver (or SCSI-Driver like Adaptec 7800) for access to the
hard disks. (Which I partitioned I NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 and fs2 (Linux).)
I have about five SATA-HDD and one or two IDE (PATA)-Drives on my machine builtin.

Please get me some proposal for solve this problem.
Thank you for your answer and helping!
Guenni60
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Hello Guenni60 and welcome to the forums :-)
The most helpful thing at this point would be to read the first post in this topic, it will help you to find out which kind of information is usually needed and how to get that information.
Especially the Debug log part could help a lot. In this point of boot process there may not be much stuff visible on the screen, but the logging can provide more details.
Trainsandtech

Post by Trainsandtech »

I am using a Compaq Presario CQ42 laptop with an Intel Celeron processor (1.9 Ghz) and 2 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (but I usually install things 32-bit to make sure that it is compatible with other computers) and I usually use an external keyboard and mouse. You can find more specs of my computer on the HP website. My problem is a live CD will show me a blank screen after choosing ReactOS, and a blank screen when I try to install ReactOS (after the part at the beginning when it extracts everything).
Pi_User5

Post by Pi_User5 »

Guenni60 wrote:(I am a German User; but I write in Englisch)
Hello, I want to tested ReactOS with Version 0.3.14, 0.3.16 and 0.3.17 on my "big" Computer (self-build)
with Mainboard GIGABYTE TA770UD3 with CPU AMD X3 435, NVIDIA Graficcard and some (more) HDD and CD/DVD/BD; RAM 4 GiB and a lot of other things.
I have tested several times both with Boot-Cd (to install? so I would prefer the name "Install-CD")
and with the Live-CD.
This Mainboard needs a special Driver for the SATA/IDE-Drives, which I had need to install my Windows 2000. I think this is the cause for problems.
After the Start with ReactOS the CD bootet, If I press a Button to see what Drivers are Loading but
anytime the Booting stopped and nothing happend anymore.

What should I do for solve this Troubling ?
Would be a suggest to send you the special SATA-Driver from my Mainboard-CD rsp. a copy from the CD
to solve this problem?

Now I have some troubles with WINDOWS 2000, so I would be glad if I could start a Rescue-System.
The CD "Bart-c't-PE 3.15 (or so) start without problems, but this CD cannot find any network-card in it,
although the mainboard has a Realtek-8111 (or a Realtek 8169)- and a Tokenring-Network-Card have inside.

There are no possibility to load a special SATA-Driver (or SCSI-Driver like Adaptec 7800) for access to the
hard disks. (Which I partitioned I NTFS, FAT32, FAT16 and fs2 (Linux).)
I have about five SATA-HDD and one or two IDE (PATA)-Drives on my machine builtin.

Please get me some proposal for solve this problem.
Thank you for your answer and helping!
Guenni60
Trainsandtech wrote:I am using a Compaq Presario CQ42 laptop with an Intel Celeron processor (1.9 Ghz) and 2 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit (but I usually install things 32-bit to make sure that it is compatible with other computers) and I usually use an external keyboard and mouse. You can find more specs of my computer on the HP website. My problem is a live CD will show me a blank screen after choosing ReactOS, and a blank screen when I try to install ReactOS (after the part at the beginning when it extracts everything).
Please read this:
middings wrote:This forum topic, "[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!", is not intended for support requests. This topic is about how to make a good request for support help or a bug report.

To obtain ReactOS community support, please start a new topic in the Support forum then write a post that describes your problem or add to an existing support forum topic that discusses the problem you observe.
Moderators, I suggest we lock this thread.
I use ReactOS on real hardware. Will you? My Computers: https://www.reactos.org/wiki/PC_ROS_Rigs Go all the way to the bottom.

[ external image ]
sstasiek

Post by sstasiek »

vicmarcal wrote:Probably you think that the Blue BSOD tells us something. I did think too. But really, it says, in most of the cases, almost nothing.
Well, i think the same ;)
One of bad things from MS Windows that should not been in ReactOS at all!
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

sstasiek wrote:
vicmarcal wrote:Probably you think that the Blue BSOD tells us something. I did think too. But really, it says, in most of the cases, almost nothing.
Well, i think the same ;)
One of bad things from MS Windows that should not been in ReactOS at all!
And on Windows 8+, they say nothing at all (apart that the computer/Windows is not happy ^^ (cf. the smiley) ) ie. nothing serious (compared the BSODs in NT 4)
nabilh2020

Post by nabilh2020 »

Just testing this new OS, but could not get it to install from CD, or using a rufus 2.2 usb.

What I tried is on the following 2 devices:

1. Acer Chromebook C720P

2. Acer Hybrid Tablet W700 with HM77 chipset i3 processor.

On both I can get Windows 10 running, but the ReactOS CD does not load.

The version is the latest release boot CD: ReactOS-0.3.17-REL-iso
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

You've posted this same information here as well: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14383&p=117159#p117159

And Konata even answered you there.

To help everyone, please don't make two identical posts in two separate locations. Additionally, the first post in this thread details all of the information that would be useful to have in helping you to figure out what's going on. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13361#p109218
xectis

Post by xectis »

I've been watching the progress of ReactOS for over 3 years. They should rename it AlphaOS as that is what it's been for eternity, amazing!.
I've tried installing it every which way but no luck. Perhaps the developers should find different type of jobs because it's a disgrace that in this age of technology they can't even make the OS install properly. If they are trying to attract interest, specially to the 1.2 billion Windows users then they should wake up.

I really had hopes for this OS but I have lost interest....and patience. Turning my attention to the Haiku project which is more or less a continuation of the greatest OS that has ever existed: BeOS. Period.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

If you need help with anything, describe your problem and create your own topic for it, this topic is just a signpost/guide. If you don't need any help, save your energy and our time ;-)
xectis

Post by xectis »

Other people with the same issue have had the same frustration so don't think there's anything that any ordinary folk can do, that is up to the developers to sort out. Not wasting anybody's time but just expressing the reality of this ongoing project.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Resist the temptation to respond further to the above poster please.