numlock key not working?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

steveh

numlock key not working?

Post by steveh »

I'm using the reactos trunk >=0.2.9 ...
withe the kbdsg.dll = swissgerman keyboard.
By having changed the keyboard code number in the HIVESETUP.INF file to the swiss-german value...

I have a standard 104/105 buttons keyboard with windows keys, and a PS2 cable. (Nothing special like a USB keyboard)

I have noticed since the beginning that the NUMLOCK key does not work. I don't know if this specific to the swiss-french keyboard or a more general problem?
RomanH

Post by RomanH »

Hi!

I'm the one who made the Swiss German keyboard layout. What exactly is the problem with NUMLOCK? I've just tested it (in QEMU) and it seems to work perfectly with a Swiss German keyboard. (I don't have acces to a Swiss French one, sorry)

Could you please describe the probleme a bit more detailed?

Thanks!
RomanH
steveh

the numlock problem

Post by steveh »

Hi,

The problem is simply that nothing happens when i press the numlock key.
Reactos starts and continues working with "numlock" switched off. The LED is off, and the separate keyboard digits don't work.

I'm not using qemu. I'm running reactos on real hardware.
RomanH

Post by RomanH »

I've just installed ReactOS on real hardware (a build from yesterday's SVN) and tried the numpad in notepad.
I can confirm that the NumLock light does not shine. But this does not affect the functionality. I can still switch between using the numpad as numbers or to navigate.

Maybe it's just a difference between Swiss German and Swiss French keyboards.
RomanH
steveh

Light problem only. Practical applications for the lights.

Post by steveh »

I have checked it out again. Only the uppercase indicator light does not work. The uppercase keys themselves work.

How the light indicators are they controlled by the keyboard driver? If i knew that, maybe i could try to solve that?

Or it would be funny to experiment with some led flushing effects?

Some practical applications:
My first idea is to use the "scroll lock light" for indicating if an internet connection is active?
Or indicate HDD activity when the PC case is sitting under the table and the HDD light therefore not visible.
RomanH

Post by RomanH »

hmmm... I guess a "real" developer would have to answer this question. I just made the layout. Sorry...
RomanH
GreatLord
Developer

Post by GreatLord »

Hi
the light are contorl by our dear i8042prt and the light is not implement in it. The light have not work seen it was donate by tinus, he did write it for us.
WaxDragon
Developer

Post by WaxDragon »

The status indicators used to work. Please file a bug on this.