Reactos ARM RosBE

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

Sly-fox-face

Reactos ARM RosBE

Post by Sly-fox-face »

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the bad English. I am from Russia. Faced with the problem. Fixed RosBe windows 2.0/1.5 then RosBe ARM 1.0. Press Configure.cmd on the console. error is presented *** no target specified and no makefile found. Stop [ external image ]

How to solve this problem? Or someone has finished assembly?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: Reactos ARM RosBE

Post by EmuandCo »

AFAIK its now being built by using MSVC. RosBE ARM is on halt.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

Still there is a microsoft ARM compiler (it started with win CE, win mobile and now integrated into VS 2012 for windows RT development without additional SDKs)

http://adventuresdotnet.blogspot.com/20 ... ws-rt.html
Sly-fox-face

Post by Sly-fox-face »

Thank you all. :ugeek: Sorry internet is not pleased with the speed of a long time ago to experiment. There is an idea to run through the ARM core REACTOS Jtag interface HTC p3400. :| It is windows mobile 5.0. To facilitate rewriting drivers. Programming is not in itself Ocher understand. But well glands. If someone spit out the finished assembly REACTOS ARM then be grateful. ;)
BlackRabbit

Post by BlackRabbit »

Hello All,
What is the current status of building ReactOS for an ARM CPU? Rather than take the plunge and start hacking myself, I would like to know who else is trying so that we can consolidate our efforts.
I have read several of the comments here over the last few years regarding whether to use and emulator or "go native". My personal preference would be to go native. Some have suggested Raspberry Pi as a model platform, which I think is a good idea, as its affordability allows it to be the "lowest common denominator". On the other hand, I would be just as inclined to use a popular smartphone, since doing that would greatly facilitate presentation to others. In any case, we could start with a standard platform, get something stable, then branch out later to other ARM devices. Stability on ARM would be necessarily correlated with stability on x86, of course.
Now that the main three smartphone platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8) are all locked-down, there seems to be no better time in history to create a 4th platform that is not locked-down.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

BlackRabbit wrote:Hello All,
What is the current status of building ReactOS for an ARM CPU? Rather than take the plunge and start hacking myself, I would like to know who else is trying so that we can consolidate our efforts.
I have read several of the comments here over the last few years regarding whether to use and emulator or "go native". My personal preference would be to go native. Some have suggested Raspberry Pi as a model platform, which I think is a good idea, as its affordability allows it to be the "lowest common denominator". On the other hand, I would be just as inclined to use a popular smartphone, since doing that would greatly facilitate presentation to others. In any case, we could start with a standard platform, get something stable, then branch out later to other ARM devices. Stability on ARM would be necessarily correlated with stability on x86, of course.
Now that the main three smartphone platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8) are all locked-down, there seems to be no better time in history to create a 4th platform that is not locked-down.
If you are willing to go towards ARM addoption, then you may contact ReactOS Devs in our Ros-dev Mailing List. There you will find support and the latest info about the current situation of the ARM branch.I am sure there are some work already done, which may help you :)