How do you get drivers?

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

bjschommer

How do you get drivers?

Post by bjschommer » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:42 am

Seeing that this is based on XP, I thought that my XP/2000 drivers would work. That does not seem to be the case. Only one of my drivers actually seemed to work. I installed this on a Dell Inpiron 5100. My mouse does not work, neither the regular usb mouse, nor the touchpad mouse. The broadband card does not work either. Along with a whole slew of things that it can't find drivers for, even though I have drivers. Is there a way to convert XP/2000 drivers to whatever this OS would fall under?

jonaspm

Re: How do you get drivers?

Post by jonaspm » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:35 am

mouse need USB compatibility, and ReactOS doesn´t have it :(

however, this is NOW, ReactOS will support USB in some few months :)

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Please refrain from making unsubstantiated claims about the development timeline.

While the intent of the project is to support XP drivers, there is still a great deal of unfinished work. USB has not been implemented yet, and I do not know what you mean by "broadband" card. Wireless network cards do not work, wired network cards may work depending on model.

welxur

Post by welxur » Sat Dec 24, 2011 11:09 am

hi, if usb mouse won't work, can I still use it on my laptop which obviously doesn't have a ps2 port? can i use my trackpad instead?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Depends on how its connected internal. sometimes usb legacy mode inside the bios is working there too
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

t.chopper

Post by t.chopper » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:48 pm

All my USB connection doesn't work also. I use PC for this. I look forward for the ReactOS to support the USB connection.

PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Z98 wrote:USB has not been implemented yet, and I do not know what you mean by "broadband" card. Wireless network cards do not work, wired network cards may work depending on model.
A broadband card would be the network card (10/100/1000). Since a traditional dial-up modem uses only the 600 Hz to 4 kHz range of the standard telephone system, that would be narrow-band data communications. In US terminology at least, broadband is generally considered anything faster than dial-up.
t.chopper wrote:All my USB connection doesn't work also. I use PC for this. I look forward for the ReactOS to support the USB connection.
Right now, there is no USB support. It will exist in time, but I have no idea when.

vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:00 pm

There is an USB rewrite/implementation going on. Janderwald is doing a really great job.
Let's cross our fingers!