Bad Bugs in Reactos

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

tahaghafuri

Bad Bugs in Reactos

Post by tahaghafuri »

Hello
Reactos has two very bad bugs that are unavailable when these two events occur, please fix them:
Do not join and do not read the active network directory of the service domain
Operating system crashes after installing VMware Tools
Thank
elhoir
Test Team

Re: Bad Bugs in Reactos

Post by elhoir »

Hello @tahaghafuri,
Thank you for testing ReactOS!
We are at alpha stage, which means that "releases" (better said, builds) are only suitable for testing and developing. They are not ready for production, so connect to a domain is not a priority right now. But don't worry, it is intended to be implemented, of course.
Abour VMWare tools, what about getting some logs and report issues at Jira? please be as detailed as you can.
Thank you again, and have a great New Year!
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

Its more than 2 bugs try in virtualbox [ external image ] its impossible to login because keyboard did not works. Its also issue about latest Chrome\opera:

https://www.opera.com/computer/thanks?ni=stable&os=windows
https://www.google.com/intl/no/chrome/thank-you.html?statcb=1&installdataindex=empty&defaultbrowser=0#

Its not possible to test because its did not support or mess thing up.
I did not care about:
We are at alpha stage, which means that "releases" (better said, builds) are only suitable for testing and developing. They are not ready for production, so connect to a domain is not a priority right now. But don't worry, it is intended to be implemented, of course.
I think its better for project an avoid wasted build on X64 because its have to much issue more than 4.4 GB ram show as 4 GB.
[ external image ]
Maybe for project its better to avoild much build and priority bug fixes instead of big testing and failing. Because its better with 32 bits that works than more operatingsystem that did not works.
I think better for project and get information and priority that software\tools need to bugfixed because its to much bug that is critical that avoid testers waste to much time. You can check the driver manager, if any XP or vista drivers works? So better to remove useless apps and try to fix the most important one. Or add Alpaha information to programs that know is not works by developer?

Also issue if you install latest Virtualbox og Vmware player know its may get more issue than old one.
Its mean for Linux or Windows 7 or later. And they did not have option for ReactOS as virtual client. So much user must use XP 32\64 bits instead.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

More rubbish walls of text from lmh1 - please ignore.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Useless nor not, no insults!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

No personal insults at all in fact, just a statement of fact. It is non sequitur and it is in the wrong location, So, a valid complaint without any insults.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

If ReactOS asks for login, then you have a broken registry. Reinstall.

Latest Chrome will not work, latest Opera will not work. Why? Because we are NT5.2 and not 6.x. Any planned fix? Yes, but not in main repository for now. It's hidden in one of our devs private fork.
LMH1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:54 pm I did not care about:
Maybe you should care about that line...
LMH1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:54 pm I think its better for project an avoid wasted build on X64 because its have to much issue more than 4.4 GB ram show as 4 GB.
[ external image ]
Our definition of a bug seems to be quite different. This is a minor one at most.

We will continue to build ROS for i686 and amd64. Why? Because otherwise someone breaks one of both build processes in less then a week. We don't do that for fun and to make our build servers less bored.
Btw, no one said that amd64 is ready for testing. I did not see any release for it yet, did you? We don't remove alpha state apps from a alpha state OS as we don't expect any app to be 100% done yet. Because of the ALPHA STATE!
LMH1 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:54 pm Also issue if you install latest Virtualbox og Vmware player know its may get more issue than old one.
Its mean for Linux or Windows 7 or later. And they did not have option for ReactOS as virtual client. So much user must use XP 32\64 bits instead.
Uuuuh, no? Why on heaven and hell you would have to use Win7 or even worse XP these days?! It's right that VBox is getting worse with every new release, but this is thanks to them being Oracle'd more and more. They eagerly try to become obsolete and being forked, just like any other Open Source project Oracle destroyed. Just use a 6.0 release. The last one being useful at all.
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtual ... 19-Win.exe
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
LMH1

Post by LMH1 »

But can you confirm that build reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-3751-ge1cda2f-x86-gcc-lin-dbg.7z and reactos-bootcd-0.4.15-dev-3751-ge1cda2f-x64-msvc-win-dbg.7z is broked because thing that works before reboot and login without login screen i think its not upgrade like virtualbox.

Tryed with downgrade to:
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.24/VirtualBox-6.0.24-139119-Win.exe

https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.24/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.0.24.vbox-extpack
Because issue for peaple they did not even get usermanual what to install and test before make bug? So its hard.
Btw, no one said that amd64 is ready for testing. I did not see any release for it yet, did you? We don't remove alpha state apps from a alpha state OS as we don't expect any app to be 100% done yet. Because of the ALPHA STATE!
But issue here thing in reactOS application manager\login\reboot works before its not about alpha state is downgrade like virtualbox 6.1 its not key for Windows key + L for login and lock screen. So sorry but you operating system get more bugs and freezes and crash that before build.

Or its it because downgrade from virtualbox 6.1 to 6.024 get more issue?
[ external image ]
I can not remember to get this after save virtual state.