[ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!

Ask your support questions in here

Moderator: Moderator Team

middings

Re: [ReadThis]ReactOS doesn't work in my computer!!

Post by middings »

This is not a topic for support requests. This topic is about how to gather the information necessary for making a useful support request. Read the first post in this topic. Then start a new topic in the Support forum and post your support request in your new topic.

Other more general bug reporting advice that works well everywhere and will help you make a better support request:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
FGA: Please follow the standard litany when giving a problem report.
Email tip: When asking for help with a problem, also mention what you've already tried - The Old New Thing
Email tip: Choose a subject line that is meaningful to the recipient, not to the sender
WARNING: These are not help desks. Do not make your bug report to these sites.
Last edited by middings on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cecleary

Post by cecleary »

I have been watching ROS for over a year and I am pleased with the development. I decided to try both a LiveCD and a full install on a test pc. I cannot get either to work. They just freeze upon loading.
Hardware:
Intel Atom D945GCLF2D
1 GB DDR 2 Crucial
Intel onboard Graphics
Realtek Sound and Ethernet
Crucial 64 GB SSD

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
oldman

Post by oldman »

cecleary wrote:I have been watching ROS for over a year and I am pleased with the development. I decided to try both a LiveCD and a full install on a test pc. I cannot get either to work. They just freeze upon loading.
Hardware:
Intel Atom D945GCLF2D
1 GB DDR 2 Crucial
Intel onboard Graphics
Realtek Sound and Ethernet
Crucial 64 GB SSD

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
Yes:
Read the post above yours, Post by middings » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 am.
Post more information, ie. what revision/version number have you been trying, where in the process of loading did it freeze.
Get an older computer to do your testing with.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Double post - do NOT do this.

Also read the words above, specifically, "This is not a topic for support requests. This topic is about how to gather the information necessary for making a useful support request. Go read the first post in this topic. Then start a new topic in the Support forum and post your support request in your new topic."

If you really want help here you should not start by breaking forum rules. Not a way to start making friends.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Deslock.TVR

Post by Deslock.TVR »

BootCD: ReactOS-0.4.8-iso

Model: HP G62-219wm
CPU: Intel Pentium T4500 2.3GHz
Memory: 8 GB DDR3
Storage: 320 GB SATA
Optical Drive: LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support
Graphics Card: Intel GMA 4500M

Seemed to install ok, just used all of the default selections. When it got to the end it told me to remove the CD and hit ENTER to reboot.
Now it gets as far as the HP boot screen (HP logo) and STOPS. No error messages. Can't even use the ESC key to get into the boot options.
CTRL-ALT-DEL will work, but it just reboots back to the HP logo. Did ReactOS just brick the laptop??? :shock:
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Deslock.TVR wrote:BootCD: ReactOS-0.4.8-iso:
Read the first post in this thread.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Tommie Aguilar

Post by Tommie Aguilar »

Thanks!I was searching for the answer for a week.The information is really usefull
d2010

Post by d2010 »

surfinjo wrote: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:32 pm Just burned a copy of ReactOS-0.3.16-REL-live
Getting BSD, (though that is black screen) after the CD has finished loading.ie the line has gone across the screen, and the list has worked up to and through, Loading Drivers
You install on the old-computer/s LGA775 with DDR1, you install the Reactos0.4.13 as
Fat32Hdd
You boot with HBCD, the windows10Live.Iso
You clone the disk Fat32Hdd to a SecondHdd.
You move on the SecondHdd. the partition Fat32Hdd0Reactors0.411
You re-attach the SecondHdd with NewPc (The new newPc must have, DDR3 4GB or 8GB Ram,QuadCore+...)
[ external image ]
Alles gutes
chablahblah

Post by chablahblah »

Hi! I was trying to run ReactOS on my laptop and wasn't able to get very far. I found this forum post and have gathered the info for my laptop in this post below, hope it helps! Looking forward to using ReactOS. :)

1. Information:
- Live CD or Boot CD
I have tried both the Live and Boot CDs. The Boot CD just ends on a black s>
The Live CD ends in BSOD.
- Version
I am trying the release version ReactOS-0.4.13-release-32-g7d0b55d-Live.iso
- When BSOD happens
The BSOD happens right after the ReactOS loading screen.

2. Debug Log:
BSOD:
[ external image ]
Debug:
[ external image ]

3. Extra Info:
Acer - Aspire ES-575G Laptop
- CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz
- GPU
1920 x 1080 - Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 (KBL GT2) - The X.Org Foundation
- RAM
8GB
- MB
V1.15/Ironman_SK (Acer)
- Storage
ATA TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1
ATA HFS256G39TND-N21
- Audio
HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia / HDA Intel PCH
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Read the Reactos Wiki FAQ and see what it has to tell you, there is useful information there.

Can your laptop run XP? If so then there is a good chance it might be able to run ReactOS. If not then assume it may not be a candidate for ReactOS as it sounds possibly a little too new...

Don't forget you cannot USE ReactOS. It is Alpha grade and can only be used for testing and bug reporting.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Well... You can TRY TO USE it, but don't expect anything rock solid or that all your apps will run. We have a few nice stories of ppl using ROS daily already. Brave guys, but it works depending on what you expect from it. Less expectations like in these use cases I am talking about were successful, but the more you expect, the less you will be happy with ROS in the current state.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

I wouldn't even recommend that... people's expectations are always set too high, lower them and they will never be disappointed.

The important note is that if you attempt to USE ReactOS you can, wait for it - LOSE ALL YOUR DATA. Follow the instructions and do not put ReactOS anywhere near your precious data!
nopik

Post by nopik »

0.4.14 doesn't work in virtualbox. Black screen when GUI installation starts and INT 3 BSOD after reboot. Something broken since 0.4.13?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Are you running the correct version of virtualbox? You do not state which.