关于ReactOS里pnp管理器的问题

Moderators: Lone_Rifle, unlinux

s_m_l_x

关于ReactOS里pnp管理器的问题

Post by s_m_l_x »

有一个关于pnp管理器的问题,所有的驱动都是连接在pnproot总线上的对吧?也就是说总线上所有驱动的pdo都是pnproot创建的,那么在ReactOS的源码中pnproot的AddDevice例程中pnproot自己创建了一个设备对象,为什么要这么做呢?

既然已经是root了,应该不需要创建设备对象了吧?好像有资料说windows的pnproot的AddDevice就只是做了简单的返回,所以有此疑问.这个被创建的设备对象是用来做什么的?

[translation by Lone_Rifle]
I have a question regarding the pnp manager.. all drivers are connected to the main thread of pnproot, correct? Thus, the PDOs belonging to the drivers loaded by the main thread are created by pnproot, but in the ReactOS source, AddDevice in pnproot creates PDO by itself. Why does it have to do this?

since we are already root, we shouldn't have to create our objects, right? the documentation seems to say AddDevice is only meant to do simple returns, so I have my doubts. What is this created object for?
[/translation]
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

Pnp mangler sucks. :)
s_m_l_x

Re: 关于ReactOS里pnp管理器的问题

Post by s_m_l_x »

thanks Lone_Rifle for translate , and hto's meaning was the ReactOS's pnp manager not a really instance?
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

no, he meant that it is really bad. sucks is sometimes used to say that something is bad.

没有,他的意思是pnpmanager是差到无药可救了。。。
s_m_l_x

Post by s_m_l_x »

[edit by LoneRifle for clarity]
it's too bad , but i still want to know: does the windows pnproot create anything?
[/edit]

这太糟了,但是我想知道windows的pnproot是不是没有创建任何东西?
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I think it is better to ask Hervé Poussineau, the reactos pnp developer.

[translate by Lone_Rifle]
最好问pnp作者Hervé Poussineau。。。
[/translate]
Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle »

hpoussin wrote: [18:10] <hpoussin> pnp drivers are installed on top of a PDO created by another driver, and enumerates new PDOs for children devices (for example a pci bus driver creates and gives a new PDO for each PCI device connected to it)
[18:11] <hpoussin> problem is legacy drivers, which don't know about pnp
[18:11] <hpoussin> they are supposed to be children of root driver; that's why root driver creates a PDO for each legacy driver
s_m_l_x

Post by s_m_l_x »

thanks Lone_Rifle, Now I finally know the top of pdo's Function, but where the first pdo come from ? because the pnp driver was the first installed by os.

谢谢Lone_Rifle,现在我知道了首个pdo的作用,但是第一个pdo从什么地方来的呢?因为pnp的驱动是第一个被系统加载的,也就是先于其它驱动(another driver)被系统加载。

[Edited by Lone_Rifle: could you provide a translation in Chinese?]