Trying to set things in order

Moderators: Lone_Rifle, unlinux

Z98
Release Engineer

Trying to set things in order

Post by Z98 »

I think the biggest problem is, I don't know who's a Chinese translator, or whether there are still Chinese people active in this project. And since Chinese is used by a billion people (me included), I just wanted to check to see if you guys are still around.
billyswong

中文標題測

Post by billyswong »

It's been a long time since somebody post here. I thought it was abandoned.

I am a Chinese, though never appointed to be translator. For some reason, there exist another independent Chinese ReactOS forum in the internet (www.reactoschina.com/forum/), which aren't much active either. I guess the main problem here is the inadequate Chinese support in this forum. You can see that those who post with Chinese subject title before weren't displayed correctly. They all got escaped. 要不是這樣,在這裡討論肯定輕鬆多了。在名字叫中文的子版中文支援卻是不足,不能全中文,怪怪的。其他人說不定是因為這樣而受阻,把這裡遺忘了……

BTW, could you, or somebody else, set me up to be translator or some sort so that I can update/fix the Chinese main page? The translation there is so error-prone and outdated.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The issue with the thread topic isn't our fault, it's phpbb. Until they fix it, we're stuck. I'll set you up as a language maintainer.
billyswong

Post by billyswong »

Never mind. I was just raising the issue.

I was currently updating the index page. Do you know which entry the bottom right column belongs to? There was an outdated "news" section somewhat hardcoded there in the Chinese index page. I couldn't find where it is from.
Kirua

Post by Kirua »

Z98 wrote:The issue with the thread topic isn't our fault, it's phpbb. Until they fix it, we're stuck. I'll set you up as a language maintainer.
Well, it's just not-UTF-8 PHPBB version, so that cause this issue...
Now PHPBB3 is UTF-8 only ware...
Also there is PHPBB2 UTF-8 ver. just covert to it :lol:

zh-HK ver:
畢竟現在只有PHPBB3採用UTF-8,當然PHPBB2也有改造的UTF-8版本,不知道官方是否樂意轉換呢?