Lautus - ReactOS visual style

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pisarz

Re: Elegant Black - ReactOS Concept

Post by Pisarz »

It wasn't when I wrote that post, but it's almost done now. Actually all I have to do is shellstyle.

I don't think it's so important right now, I'll do it tommorow (it's 22:08 here).
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/ros.ele ... t.msstyles

I'm open to suggestions.
Last edited by Pisarz on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley
Developer

Re: Elegant Black - ReactOS Concept

Post by Smiley »

Hey there,
the taskbar is awsome. There is no need to change it at all.
Generally this theme looks good but imo if you improve a couple of aspects it will be really great. First of all the close button looks really nice but it needs to change a bit when the mouse hovers or presses it. The user likes to move the mouse over the button and waits for feedback to be sure that he presses the correct button. Eg. moving the image by one pixel when it is pressed could look nice
A second thing that looks a bit confusing is that in the top of titlebar there is no boundary to show the upper limits of a window and especially on a black backgound it looks a bit fuzzy.
And last, I don't like the desing of the buttons because they look like windows-95 style with a shadow

Please recieve these ideas as constructive suggestions. The whole concept looks really nice :D
Pisarz

Re: Elegant Black - ReactOS visual style

Post by Pisarz »

Thanks for feedback. ;)
Titlebar needed resizing anyway, I've just done it. I could still add some visible border to caption though. And I've forgot about adding glow when button is hovered, thanks for reminding, just fixed it right now.

Redesigning the buttons is actually out of the question, cause it means redesigning a lots of VS elements, that are based on them.

I'll upload updated version (and renamed, there is "Elegant" VS somewhere on dA, so I had to rename mine), as soon as I'll finish shellstyle.
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

I don't think that shellstyle is needed now, cause ReactOS Explorer doesn't support it.

So here comes:
Visual style - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/ros.ele ... s.msstyles
Source - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/ros.ele ... XTheme.zip
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

oh and something more. in the source file you have an image called concept that has really nice scrollbars
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

If you mean "Concept_rev4" - it's the same fourth concept I've posted here already and as far as I remember, the scrollbars are almost identical - but it haven't got the scrollbars itself, just their background.
wildschwein

Re: Lautus - ReactOS visual style

Post by wildschwein »

Really great work, pisarz, well done !

I am so happy about this elegant new theme, the background picture is so nice and calming :-)
GUN2k

Post by GUN2k »

Postby Pisarz » 25 Aug 2011 22:48
I've forgot about it for few weeks actually, but I've just got some progress today and it's how it actually looks like now. It's a W.I.P. and it's based a bit on Luna Inspirat. Sorry for not changing wallpaper to this epic one from concept, but I've applied this visual style only to make those screenshots.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/Screeny ... port01.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/Screeny ... port02.png
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4527369/Screeny ... port03.png
i like it, there are few points that are optimizeable, but looks good.

actualy i thinking about the backgroundinformation, is it on wallpaper, is it samurize or something like that?
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

AveDesk + SysStats + Vertical Calendar. I've tested the visual style while porting on my PC without any virtual machines or something. Btw. screens are a bit outdated.
elhoir
Test Team

Post by elhoir »

can't wait to see those incredible screens in ROS :D
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

@Pisarz

With the current discussion taking place on ros-dev maillist, regarding including theme in reactos trunk, one important issue was risen:
I say yes to both. I just wonder if we can s´put a theme in there. All themes are based on modded MS Themes, because theres no open source skeleton till now afaik.
Could you please declare what is the legal status of your theme?
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Lautus is based on Luna Inspirat (which is an open-source visual style by krosavcheg) and was made using TGTSoft StyleBuilder. I think you should ask guys from TGTSoft about that.

I was thinking about it earlier. If we know the structure of msstyle files, we could try to reverse engineer the visual style file and find a way to compile it from the sources I've provided.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I`ve posted your reply to the discussion. Thanks!
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

So what's the conclusion? This discussion is not worth forgetting about.
The high-quality content on this forum, on which many users worked really hard, is almost always ignored by the developers!

Examples: new website design, themes, CD booklet, etc.

I don't mean to be rude but I am trying to raise awareness...