Lautus - ReactOS visual style

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Pisarz

Re: Lautus - ReactOS visual style

Post by Pisarz »

As I've already said (or I think I've said that) - I've took the source files and remade it using source files from WINE, after a suggestion from somebody on the IRC (I can't recall who suggested it, sorry), so there is nothing copyrighted by Microsoft here. But, as far as I'm not really good at all this copyright stuff (even though it looks fine from my point of view), I think someone should double-check that.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

did u make the source available anywhere? If we can add it to our source tree, it can be autobuilt in the right path
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Yes, I've updated the first post in this topic some time ago and now link points to current source files, not the StyleBuilder ones.
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

EmuandCo wrote:And we won't add any external binaries into the ISOs too. We add what we can build ourself and as long as there no working legal msstyle skeleton in use, we won't add it, sry.

Love4Boobies: soooo funny -_-
Strike 2. The sources are available and we were talking about diff files. It might help to actually pay attention to what you're reading once in a while ;)
The high-quality content on this forum, on which many users worked really hard, is almost always ignored by the developers!

Examples: new website design, themes, CD booklet, etc.

I don't mean to be rude but I am trying to raise awareness...
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

EmuandCo's response was a followup to MY post, to iterate points he thought I should have included but did not. And considering the majority of themes out there are closed source binaries, the call to include themes implicitly references those closed binaries.
Love4Boobies

Post by Love4Boobies »

Fair enough. My bad then.
The high-quality content on this forum, on which many users worked really hard, is almost always ignored by the developers!

Examples: new website design, themes, CD booklet, etc.

I don't mean to be rude but I am trying to raise awareness...
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Z98: rite ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
hto
Developer

Post by hto »

A separate design team — more people — is needed.
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

The supposedly ignored content has not been ignored and that statement is rather disingenuous, if not outright insulting. The site design linked was selected for implementation once the drupal transition was completed, assuming we find someone skilled in drupal themes. I can't help but notice the people complaining we are doing nothing immediately plead ignorance or inability to help when we raise the point.

The updated covers are appreciated by us, and I have done what I could to make sure the designer knows this.

Finally, considering the back and forth that has been going on between me, Amine, and Giannis, the Windows theme issue has definitely not been ignored.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

I`m taking the case of Lautus theme personally, as I was voicing to adopt it as official ReactOS theme from the very begining.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

I have just talked with Smiley!

Seems the Theme is correct now.
He couldn't review before the release because he was really busy with his real life issues. We've to understand this point.
He apologizes for being late, and he promises to commit it asap.
At least we know now that the Msstyle is OK and ready to be commited.

Now it is just a matter of time. Soon it will be commited!
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

Very cool! Does this mean the theme service won't be set to manual start?

FlyingIsFun1217
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

FlyingIsFun1217 wrote:Very cool! Does this mean the theme service won't be set to manual start?

FlyingIsFun1217
Hope Smiley will change that too :)
Let's give him some time, he is really busy sadly.
cowboynick

Post by cowboynick »

So is Aero going to be enabled for this? Also, a Windows 7 clone theme should be made. Maybe I can try that.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Aero is not supported. Neither Windows 7 themes :)