New CD Cover Design

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

bntser

Re: New CD Cover Design

Post by bntser »

Update 2: Added an insert with screenshots, made colors brighter, changed text, and changed CD logo.

http://ubuntu-user333.deviantart.com/ar ... -203080400

elhoir
Test Team

Post by elhoir »

Could you send the SVG (or JPEG, PNG, or whatever format is suitable to download and print) to devs, so they can upload it to the download section? this way wa can update the so-old 0.3.1 cover....

EDIT: ok just took into account that i could download zip file with images :) so now is just a matter of uploading to Download section

bntser

Post by bntser »

Please go here to download:
http://ubuntu-user333.deviantart.com/ar ... -203080400

If you already have downloaded it, download it again because I just updated it the correct version(it was slightly out-dated). DON't use the version that was there before. There were some mistakes in it, and there was no reference the the reactos website. That is all fixed in the new one.

Vicmarcal was going to put it in the download section, so I just figured he would take care of it and never went any further with it. I think he must be busy because it hasn't appeared there for quite some time.

elhoir
Test Team

Post by elhoir »

hi bntser,

sorry for being late, i have just downloaded your new version, your work is awesome! :)

Yes, Vicmarcal is now at Berlin, participating at the Chemitz Linux Tag 2011 there. Should be back this weekend.

bntser

Post by bntser »

bntser

Post by bntser »

On deviant art, someone suggested that the (R) be replaced by the actual symbol. If anyone thinks it is important I will make another update. Also, some of the fonts need to be downloaded in order to render the svg correctly, so I should convert the title text to curves to eliminate this problem. I'll fix this and many more small problems when I have time to. For now, though, the cover will work fine.

led-bloon

Post by led-bloon »

Great work! But one small suggestion:
'System Requirements' should have the word 'Minimum' before it.
AMD Athlon 2650e - Windows XP Home SP3 - VMWare Player v2

Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

But those requirements aren't minimal.

led-bloon

Post by led-bloon »

Yes, I agree, they may not be minimal, BUT when the minimal requirements are "known"
the heading for that small area should state "Minimum". Do you not agree?
AMD Athlon 2650e - Windows XP Home SP3 - VMWare Player v2

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Minimum requirements are generally a way of telling people that if your machine does not meet these requirements, we will not help you with support. That also holds true for this project.

bntser

Post by bntser »

I'm sorry I couldn't get to it sooner, but here is an update in which I fixed some minor flaws, including the system requirements text. I also replaced (R) with the correct symbol.

Once the text has been approved as "final" I will convert it to curves to prevent rendering problems on computers without the fonts. I'll keep a copy of the text version too, so it can be easily edited by someone else.

I can add print and crop marks if they are necessary, but I figured that would be up to the printer to do, not me. Just let me know if you want them, and I'll add them when I convert the text.

You can download it here:
http://mikegraydesign.com/files/ReactOS ... e-3.13.zip

Bblaauw

Post by Bblaauw »

Your work looks quite nice :)

however as you're asking to finalise (or simply correct) text:

cover :
* "meaning it is not a feature complete" --> "meaning it is not feature complete"
* system requirements: can anyone validate/update those?

insert:
* "simlar" --> "similar"
* both screenshots might need an update, as FireFox 5 is out, and developers seem to have gotten rid of that dark blue box around desktop icons' text label. In other words the desktop looks a lot better now :)

bntser

Post by bntser »

Thanks, I'll fix all those things ;) All text was either sent to me to use for this case or copied directly off of the website, so I have no clue about the system requirements.

I can't make the changes right now because, as usual, I'm booted in Ubuntu, so I'll have to restart my computer into Windows to work on it.

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

Thanks for your help, I've talked with Aleksey and we are already uploading your last version. Please pm when you finish those corrections so it can be updated.

bntser

Post by bntser »

Bblaauw: I'll fix the text in a minute, but from what I see there is little (if any) difference between FF5 and FF4, at least that can be seen from the small size. Also, I just download 0.3.13 (again) and there is no difference as far as the desktop text goes. If you have had a different experience could you please send your screen-shots of React OS 0.3.13 in a 800x600 resolution to me, to replace the ones I did? It would be best if the wallpaper and default icons were there. This will make sure people know what it will look like out of the box.