Jump Lists in ReactOS

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

kevinski

Jump Lists in ReactOS

Post by kevinski »

Just curious as to what everyone here thinks of Jump Lists in Windows 7 and how (or if) they should ever be implemented in ReactOS. In case you don't know what I'm referring to, here's an example:

[ external image ]

I kinda like some aspects of Jump Lists, but - as most people who've commented on them have stated - they're a bit inconsistent in places (as they're also implemented into the system tray and whatnot, and they can contain whatever software developers wish). I was thinking that - if something like this makes its way into ReactOS - it should be as consistent as possible. Honestly, I'd say that these would be great both within the Start menu and on the taskbar, especially if used for recent documents or history. I can't say that I'd really care to have a lot of other functionality included in these, though.

Or they could function somewhat similarly to the left side of XP's Start menu in that the most commonly accessed documents that're associated with each respective application would show up on the right side. And I'm not just referring to the most commonly accessed documents in that particular application; I'm referring to the file types that're associated with them (or can be associated with them). That way, you'd see image files show up beside Paint.NET, Photoshop or whatever you happen to use, and clicking on a file would open it within the application that was highlighted on the left.

Anyone else have any input on this?
[ Web | kevinski.com ] [ Wii | 7030 8283 2535 8378 ]
GoBusto

Re: Jump Lists in ReactOS

Post by GoBusto »

It reminds me of the "Expand Control Panel/Documents/Pictures" options for the classic Start menu.

I'd say that they sound like a useful idea, but I'd like the option of disabling them (in the same manner as the "Expand X" options mentioned above).
DGMurdockIII

Re: Jump Lists in ReactOS

Post by DGMurdockIII »

jump list could be nice to have in reactos but not something that is absolutely needed