BSOD "restyling" :)

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

EmuandCo
Developer

Re: BSOD "restyling" :)

Post by EmuandCo » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:19 am

The123king wrote:I agree that ReactOS BSoD's should be restyled a bit more, maybe providing better diagnostic info (which would be useful for debuggers) and maybe cut down the unnecesary gibberish out of it.
A BSOD has no unnecessary gibberish. All information is useful.
Davy Bartoloni wrote:blue screens of windows are very distressing...

...reactos can be better

this is a possible BSOD from the 90's that makes me remember good memories... :)

implementing this BSOD... in the future... some people may laugh, after a computer-crash

Amiga Rulez :o
What does this help? When a BSOD shows up then with a reason which makes it impossible to continue. This is no WIndows 9x where you get a bsod when the cd is ejected. Mouse button is no good idea too, because it needs to be indepentent of most drivers to be sure it will show up when needed and does not fail with a driver.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:59 am

Bluescreen has its own driver and has to be as simple as possible, as there still is a rare chance for it to fail. I can understand rethinking the text displayed, adding some usefull data, but we cannot over-complicate it too much.

shjacks45

Windows lets you change BSOD colors

Post by shjacks45 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:57 pm

Windows lets you change BSOD colors so why can't ReactOS?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:12 pm

Because we did not implement it yet because its useless??!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.