Angelus' Wallpapers

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

Love4Boobies

Re: Angelus' Wallpapers

Post by Love4Boobies »

The 16:9 version is missing from the repo. Perhaps it would be useful to include it.

Btw, who else thinks this would make a nice default wallpaper?
The high-quality content on this forum, on which many users worked really hard, is almost always ignored by the developers!

Examples: new website design, themes, CD booklet, etc.

I don't mean to be rude but I am trying to raise awareness...
Webunny

Post by Webunny »

Angelus, really nice job!

I hope you're still continuing making additional wallpapers/resolutions. There are some really, really nice ones there. Contrary to some, I don't mind the Vista-wallpapers/backgrounds. But you have some good XP-lookalikes and win7-ish ones too (which is important if we want to have an immediate familiarity-response with the masses, IMHO.

And the rest of your wallpapers are very nice too. Keep up the good work!
FiFoMaster

Post by FiFoMaster »

Very nice work. :P
oswetto

Post by oswetto »

:o :o :o Very very very good work!!!!
The_French_Rat

Re: Vista-like Wallpaper

Post by The_French_Rat »

Aape wrote:I say no to this, for 3 reasons:

1. It would conflict with the other design principles used in ROS.

2. ReactOS should create its own image. Aero already gets enough trash talk for ripping off Aqua in various sectors, and we don't want the same to happen to ROS. Making our OS cloned to look like another system is the last thing we'd want to do to design a good UI.

3. I fucking hate "Vista-ish" wallpapers.
I agree with you. I've tried to install something to make ReactOS look like Vista. Guess what? The kernel crashed. How fucking ironic.
Just think of ReactOS as the XP beta, Whistler.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

i agree vista look is nice but why? 95-xp is good enough for me.
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Dave3434 wrote:i agree vista look is nice but why? 95-xp is good enough for me.
I think we already heard this opinion from you a thousand times... We already know, that you literally HATE everything NEW, simply because it's NEW...

Nothing personal, just almost EVERY your post is about it.
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Ey Pisarz!How is the theme implemetation going?I love the new theme :)
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Oh, it's not going actually. I started working on Dropbox client for Haiku, in Python, and basically forgot about the theme. Sorry, I'll get to work soon, of course :)

I'll try to organise bitmaps in folders and include some .psd files this time. And maybe some comments, not sure though about this one.
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

it's not that i hate it becauseit's new, it's because it's not needed, regardless how many times i say it my constitutional right still applies my friend. my first amendment i mean.
Dave3434 wrote:
i agree vista look is nice but why? 95-xp is good enough for me.

I think we already heard this opinion from you a thousand times... We already know, that you literally HATE everything NEW, simply because it's NEW...

Nothing personal, just almost EVERY your post is about it.
Pisarz

Post by Pisarz »

Dave3434 wrote:it's not that i hate it becauseit's new, it's because it's not needed, regardless how many times i say it my constitutional right still applies my friend. my first amendment i mean.
Just to remind you: this topic is about wallpapers presented here by Angelus. I respect your opinion, even though I can't agree with you completely, but not when you're expressing it in every freaking topic, even this one. Just try one day to stay on topic, please...
Dave3434

Post by Dave3434 »

i have every right to agree or disagree even it's on every topic, but if i do sound like a broken record , sorry but i do have a right express my opinions just as much as you and everyone else. it's called free speech.
Linuxgamer94

Post by Linuxgamer94 »

Man why are you not part of the dev. team. You could bring the sexy back to ROS.
Angelus

Post by Angelus »

Thanks for your words Linuxgamer94. I have a lot of wallpapers (mainly real photographies by me) to upload , but first I must to create my own page to post them out of the first entry of this topic, because it is getting bigger and bigger, and a bit awkward. This topic should be only a portal to link and announce the new wallpapers. But I haven't had too much time to achieve this goal... by now.
Axy314

Post by Axy314 »

All llinks are dead, can you reupload them?