Window XP theme

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

wong007

Window XP theme

Post by wong007 »

Window XP style buttons, progress bars such as are supported by OS or supported by Theme?

Can we add now?

Thanks
Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

No. Not until the shell rewrite is done.
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

PLZ NOOOOOOO! I am sooooo sick of XP! can u plz! make it original! PLZ and thx! (make it a mix of vista and XP[if that plzes u])!

thank you,

Kevin t. :)
kokodin

Post by kokodin »

dou realy known what you asking for

i explain you

it is like you ask someone to write for you 2 megabytes txt file without notepad (any)

reactos condition at this moment is not enough to handle graphical skins bezause of unfinished api and more important works at this moment you should have basics working to create something with interface
Switchboy

Post by Switchboy »

And this is sorta where it would end up.
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

A Vista clone without cloneing things 1:1 so ROS can't get sued :P
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

WOW! Pros: all exept the sign in the corner(start sign) and the buttons on the windows

EDIT: I took care of it!

[ external image ]
andrewweb

XP theme. Nice idea but...

Post by andrewweb »

Post Removed
Last edited by andrewweb on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrewweb

Re: XP theme. Nice idea but...

Post by andrewweb »

Post Removed
Last edited by andrewweb on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dagibit

Post by Dagibit »

This is a good place to point out the importance of compatibility with object desktop http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/. I am full of UI ideas that I could express using Stardock's amazing graphical software (http://www.stardock.com/products/skinst ... mainss.jpg) but don't due to my reluctance to get my hands messy with confusing files and code in Linux. The ability to easily mold ones entire GUI to perfectly fit himself in such a way is huge, and Linux's lack of such an ability actually scares me...

But for now, EVERYBODY! PLEASE STOP USING LUNA! There are way better themes out there for XP, including these which don't require WindowBlinds:
http://dagibit.googlepages.com/Themes.zip
Enjoy!

Edit: I'm reading that Googlepages has issues with corrupting files larger than 1mb, so the themes thing I provided might not work. Sorry :/
Last edited by Dagibit on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSX

Post by FSX »

Dagibit wrote:This is a good place to point out the importance of compatibility with object desktop http://www.stardock.com/products/odnt/. I am full of UI ideas that I could express using Stardock's amazing graphical software (http://www.stardock.com/products/skinst ... mainss.jpg) but don't due to my reluctance to get my hands messy with confusing files and code in Linux. The ability to easily mold ones entire GUI to perfectly fit himself in such a way is huge, and Linux's lack of such an ability actually scares me...
You can install that yourself. ROS will work with its own theme.
Dagibit

Post by Dagibit »

Okeydokey, then :)

BTW, that theme looks great with the official logo. I only dislike the window buttons in the previous images.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

1. Luna sucks, Royale is much better even if its not the best.
2. ReactOS is going to end up using UXThemes, which in turn makes it support a crapload of themes from every version of Windows.
3. Hopefully in the end the WindowBlinds will work and we will have a DWM compatible compositing engine. This means ReactOS needs two official themes, one with no effects requiring compositing, and one that takes advantage of compositing. Hopefully, we can run Aero by 1.0. Thats not gonna be the big GUI by then, if Windows evolves the way it has so far.
andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Post Removed
Last edited by andrewweb on Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smiley
Developer

Post by Smiley »

andrewweb wrote:HEYHEYHEY! Can some devs improve the colour selector for styles in control panel of reactos?
There are no selectable themes, so we are sunk. You can change the colors, but what's the good of that if decide to revert?
There are more important things for the developers . Right now theming support or changing the windows colors isn't a priority.
TiKu

Post by TiKu »

Nmn wrote:1. Luna sucks, Royale is much better even if its not the best.
That's YOUR opinion. ;) I like Luna.