A 100% original/official icon theme for ReactOS?

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

dreams

Post by dreams »

The 'Info' icon should be in a different shape as the '?' icon i think. Or at least a different color.

mf
Developer

Post by mf »

Users should be conditionable to recognise a blue balloon with a white glyph to be an "info" icon and a white balloon with a blue glyph to be a "question" icon. Good idea dreams.
It compiles, let's ship it!

artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

Is this what you're getting at, or something more like the white info balloon suggestion (no glass)?
[ external image ]

mf
Developer

Post by mf »

artguy10 wrote:Is this what you're getting at, or something more like the white info balloon suggestion (no glass)?
[ external image ]
That looks great.

artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

mf wrote:That looks great.
Is that the first time you said that about my icons? :mrgreen:

eXile

Post by eXile »

Really good work. I think the message-box icons are now done - again great work! How about some more CD/DVD-icons? More disk icons would be CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW; DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM; and one without any descriptions. The problem is, that these descriptions need to be readable at very low resolutions, look like it was solved in Windows XP.

artguy10

Post by artguy10 »

eXile wrote:Really good work. I think the message-box icons are now done - again great work! How about some more CD/DVD-icons? More disk icons would be CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW; DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM; and one without any descriptions. The problem is, that these descriptions need to be readable at very low resolutions, look like it was solved in Windows XP.
The CD/DVD icons... I already made the blank, CD, and DVD ones, I don't really know if specifics (CD-R, etc.) are necessary, but if mf wants, I guess I could put labels like there is in XP. As far as I can think, these icons would only be used in My Computer, and since that folder is almost always above 16px, I don't think it is so important to make the exact format of the disk visible so small (the user should know this by looking at the disk itself, before putting it in.

And I guess I'll put my message box icons into unofficial the "Icon Set" wiki, if there are no objections?

dreams

Post by dreams »

I also think the message box icons are done. I like the last additions Artguy made.

For people who don't know which icon to recreate next, here is a screenshot. If you want to create a complete new icon pack for ReactOS, at least all these icons should be redone.

[ external image ]

(I love the current regedit.exe icon)

eXile

Post by eXile »

The "Regional Options"-icon is a must-stay, because I am German ;)

forart

Post by forart »

eXile wrote:The "Regional Options"-icon is a must-stay, because I am German ;)
Due to ROS nature, i would prefeer the World flag instead...

[ external image ]

BTW, the EU one would be good too:

[ external image ]

:roll:
»Forward Agency NPO
In progress we (always) trust.

gabrielilardi
Moderator Team

Post by gabrielilardi »

forart wrote:
eXile wrote:The "Regional Options"-icon is a must-stay, because I am German ;)
Due to ROS nature, i would prefeer the World flag instead...
You're contradicting yourself here, the world would mean everyone, any other flag would be unfair, either German or European or whatever... Europe is not he world.

eXile

Post by eXile »

Also the United Nations are not the world. Vatican City is a sovereign and general accepted state but not member of the UN. How about a globe or a bunch of anonymos flags?

mf
Developer

Post by mf »

I think it's about time for me to tune out of this thread again, arguing about which flag is the most neutral is beyond silly. Just pick one or two random flags, problem solved. Also, can someone please just ban forart? Between being a nuisance to other projects and promoting SharpE, I've never read anything constructive from the guy.

Edit: sorry, disregard the part about SharpE, that's patchworks. I keep mixing the two up.
Last edited by mf on Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

betaluva

Post by betaluva »

"can someone please just ban forart' your a bad man lol!

eXile

Post by eXile »

Why not a globe for the regional options icon? I don't mean earth itself, but a globe e.g. for desktops like here:
http://images.tchibo.de/eCS/Store/de/im ... detail.jpg

However, then this icon must be cleary distinguishable from the network options icon.