Page 1 of 2

PackageManager is [not] dead, long live 'Download !'

Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:19 pm
by Dr. Fred

Anonymous?

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:33 am
by jbond_00
Image

hehe, it said anonymous on my comment. I photoshoped Maarten Bosma's C# mockup and changed: the icon to a little package (unoffical tango pack); edited the title; added a "ReactOS" menu (for service packs?); flipped the "version status" and "download!" button.

One thing i was thinking about is if people want some sort of linux package manager for ReactOS, maybe "Update!" would be a better name and have it function also as the windows "Add and remove programs" dialog.

Matt

PS. i took the little atom icon from the browser window; i hope thats okay!

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 pm
by dreams
that's very stylish! ReactOS icon looks cool :o

i would remove the exclamation points from the program's name though :idea:

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:20 pm
by Dr. Fred
I am Maarten Bosma.

The box looks good and you are right "OS's" is a bit infelicitous (is it the right word?). But I have decided to drop the version label and to mention it the default text of the richtext field and I don't think that there will be Service Packs in the near future. BTW: I have already started with the implementation.

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:23 pm
by cmoibenlepro
I really like this mockup and I like the "Download!" name.
You have all my support.

Package icon

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:27 pm
by jbond_00
Good to hear.

This is where i got the icon (well, i grabbed it from the screen shot). i figured since ReactOS uses tango icons anyway.

@dreams, the "!" gives it a personality ;).

again Maarten, great work!

Matt

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:09 pm
by Dr. Fred
Hi, Here is what I have so far. Thanks to Matt for the idea with the box in the logo.

Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:28 pm
by cmoibenlepro
Very nice :D

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:07 am
by Dr. Fred
A new blog is also in place.

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:35 pm
by walter
i like it :)

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:33 pm
by GreyGhost
Nice :) .....
Hope to see it getting completed ....

A few suggestions ...
1- Maybe increase the spacing between the entries ( they seem a bita crowded to me.....)
2- I haven't tested the code in the trunk ... but ... maybe u can even keep the categories fetchable from the server? like i'd like to see something like "system tools" etc .....
3- And how bout a download progress bar ?

Jus suggestions for now...i know it'll take time....

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:53 pm
by EmuandCo
I think a unlimited tree structur would be cool. SO you could sort as an example the games in genres and then alphabetically

Posted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:04 pm
by kokodin
there should be easy to use :D add server wizzard and server info buttons (with text subtrails)
i think that there should be also online status icon (red/green circle like a led-diode) but it generally looks very nice :lol:

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:30 am
by forart
Uhm... i think that a collaboration with the Update-All developers team would be interesting (for both projects). 8)

Posted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:35 am
by Dr. Fred
GreyGhost wrote:A few suggestions ...
1- Maybe increase the spacing between the entries ( they seem a bita crowded to me.....)
2- I haven't tested the code in the trunk ... but ... maybe u can even keep the categories fetchable from the server? like i'd like to see something like "system tools" etc .....
3- And how bout a download progress bar ?
1-hmm, hmm it's a normal windows control, all windows applications look like that. maybe the arrow icons needs to be made a little smaller.
2-yes
3-a dialog pops up when you hit download (code from getfirefox)
EmuandCo wrote:I think a unlimited tree structur would be cool. SO you could sort as an example the games in genres and then alphabetically
Is implemented, the current xml just dosn't make use of it.
kokodin wrote:add server wizzard and server info buttons (with text subtrails)
what do you mean with server wizzard ?
forart wrote:Uhm... i think that a collaboration with the Update-All developers team would be interesting (for both projects). Cool
The projet seems to be inactive.