My Startmenu

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

dreams

Post by dreams »

Thcrw8383 wrote:First of all,its not Spam,its a link to the ReactOS community forums and website,I thought this might be helpful for new people who use ReactOS and need to get help (other then the built-in help)
sorry, didn't mean to be harsh, it was more a rant against Microsoft, when they designed the XP-startmenu. ;)

I really like the 'Computer' entry in your new startmenu, and as long as it's customizable, i can always remove things like 'music', 'extras' etc myself.

Thcrw8383

Post by Thcrw8383 »

dreams wrote:
Thcrw8383 wrote:First of all,its not Spam,its a link to the ReactOS community forums and website,I thought this might be helpful for new people who use ReactOS and need to get help (other then the built-in help)
sorry, didn't mean to be harsh, it was more a rant against Microsoft, when they designed the XP-startmenu. ;)

I really like the 'Computer' entry in your new startmenu, and as long as it's customizable, i can always remove things like 'music', 'extras' etc myself.
Please keep in mind that (like windows) ReactOS will have a "properties" entry for the startmenu so you can choose what style you would like to work with,sort of like how you right-click on the startmenu,a list pops up with the "properties" name,and then you choose the default start menu,or the win98-like one

The extras menu would contain games,accessories,overall all misc things

I put some folders that might be found in the "my documents" folder onto the start menu itself,to give users quick access to there files,It would also support drag&drop,so that could give you some level of customization

-jason

.aart3k

Post by .aart3k »

i'd rather research an improved and easy start menu. (i like vista and new kde concepts)
Ofkorz every paradigm could be implemented and configurable:PP

Thcrw8383

Post by Thcrw8383 »

Ill promise some more eyecand in the next one,dose anyone have a theme,backround,of design they would like to see? tell me NOW!