Reactos regedit with native icons on Windows

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

manuel

Reactos regedit with native icons on Windows

Post by manuel »

Hello, greetings to all:

Some years ago I had proposed (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14639&p=119559&hilit=icons#p119559) that Reactos applications, specifically regedit, should not use the tango icons directly, but They will be based on the registered icons (for very specific cases) in shell32.dll, since for example this application uses the tango folder icons to generate the registry keys.

The detail is that if the Reactos regedit was opened with Windows, the key icons were not the folders that Windows manages, but the Tango icons. With this, it was sought that if in the future Reactos can be 100% customized (by changing icon design with the appropriate tools), all Reactos icons will be updated automatically, otherwise it would always be tied to Tango.

Well, testing version 0.4.15-dev-5316 I see that they have already applied this proposal and if I open regedit in Windows 8 it already loads with the Windows folder icons, not with the Tango icons. Attached is a screenshot of what regedit looks like now vs. regedit from a few years ago.

Thank you very much for supporting this proposal.
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (29.53 KiB) Viewed 6765 times