New reactos interface?

The place to bring up any design issues, or post your own creations

Moderator: Moderator Team

cmoibenlepro

Post by cmoibenlepro » Tue May 23, 2006 3:47 pm

nice 8)

kokodin

Post by kokodin » Tue May 23, 2006 5:12 pm

he he i just make this picture :D and cut it to 9 bitmaps (1x22px and 2x18px) icones of button and ini(txt) file to mark where use witch bitmaps but any engine doesn't exist i'm not a coder yet :? i will share those files and you see maybe someone make engine for skining bar :D

LMH1

Post by LMH1 » Tue May 23, 2006 7:22 pm

kokodin your pictures is good with blue color but it you start menu can be more better.
I think you start menu can be one standard to reactos and can edit this to other menu.
Last edited by LMH1 on Tue May 23, 2006 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tsg1zzn

Post by tsg1zzn » Tue May 23, 2006 7:58 pm

oiaohm wrote:Most cases with Linux you can get it installed even if its only text only then correct the kernel or the drivers to fix the problem. Linux is ment to kernel panic if there is something critically wrong. Better to bail out than break you laptop for good.
Well, as I said, I can't. And I somehow doubt that software breaks hardware for good.
Users have to compile their drivers from source because companys keep on refusing to go Open Source or Interface Specs.
User have to compiler their drivers from source because when they update the kernel the drivers are no longer binary compatible.
By the way is you Windows OS running stablely.
Yes, it never crashes. And I mean never. And I use suspend to disk instead of a real reboot.

kokodin, I don't like your interface much. (But I don't run with XP skins enabled either.) It still looks rather "professional" (in the meaning of professional for home users) though, so if it's possible to turn it off it could be good for others than me.

kokodin

Post by kokodin » Tue May 23, 2006 8:29 pm

start menu can be more better
i don't even make start menu :D this menu is only screanshot from trunk relase with my 2 icons
and i must write that this isn't real interface but just standard interface covered by bitmaps (skin) like in winamp. can be switch to other or off to get more performance
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
here are this bitmaps
http://www.kokodin.webpark.pl/kokodinskin.zip

oiaohm

Post by oiaohm » Wed May 24, 2006 3:15 am

Well, as I said, I can't. And I somehow doubt that software breaks hardware for good.
Ok almost equal. Over writen flash or something else bad. Linux is very consertive. These days some early version programmers almost got themselfs shot. These day if something does not look right to the Linux kernels embed drivers it just bails out with a kernel panic so user can make a judgement call alter options and so on.
User have to compiler their drivers from source because when they update the kernel the drivers are no longer binary compatible.
This is not exactly correct. There is a flag in the kernel that says if or if not it will only take driver matching its version or not. Its a safety thing Linux is extreamly consertive by default you can drop this but I would not recommend it. Some of the problems in Windows come from drivers not matching updates in windows or other drivers.

vga=normal noapic acpi=off

Ok these options look nasty. vga=normal turns vesafb off completely a lot of problems on laptops trace to custom video card. Back to dos mode graphics 80x25 text that has to work so Bios's can be flashed. Most install boot loaders under the f1-10 have a list of the most commonly need boot commands to get around kernel panics. Look up your laptop on line reason it might have a specal vga= option so it works with better text screen and does not kernel painic.

Note Fedora 5 is not the most friendly beasty. Its a development OS with a patched kernel with extra features from the standard sometimes makes it harder to install on laptops.

The the text before the kernel panic normally points you do the driver that is causing the problem. Most cases with options you can disable most kernel embeded drivers on linux letting it start. If it kernel panic before rendering Tux on screen you have most likely have fbvesa problem.

I guess you did not try knoppix first. A boot cd to workout what options you need set before trying to install.

kokodin

Post by kokodin » Wed May 24, 2006 12:58 pm

one more theme/skin start bar
for pepole who like darknes :D

Coviti

Post by Coviti » Wed May 24, 2006 6:53 pm

kokodin: Now that looks cool! Too bad it would have to use bitmaps though, I'd disable it for being too slow.

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist » Wed May 24, 2006 9:26 pm

Coviti wrote:kokodin: Now that looks cool! Too bad it would have to use bitmaps though, I'd disable it for being too slow.
It would probably be possible to create it with drawing, but it wouldn't look too good, I think. Just try some dark colors in Windows, it doesn't match the rest. Especially websites don't match and some text becomes unreadable.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Thu May 25, 2006 11:12 am

Theme Support will come. Nobody knows, when, but it will come and kokodin's cool bar can be reality. Since then DrFred, frik85 (Settings and Colors) and me (Colors) will make some Win2000-like color profiles and the possibility to select between them. DrFred made another nice color fading effect for the caption bar, too.

kokodin

Post by kokodin » Thu May 25, 2006 1:22 pm

sounds good
i will make more skins :D clones of this two but i dont known what color :D
chose your colors users, and mark it.
here are pastel colors :D
you can also write your favorite color like taht #ff2255 or 255.34.85
i will make full previews

tsg1zzn

Post by tsg1zzn » Thu May 25, 2006 1:41 pm

The first green from the left (to the right of the yellow/orange) is just perfect.

ThePhysicist
Developer

Post by ThePhysicist » Thu May 25, 2006 1:58 pm

What about this color?

MadRat

Post by MadRat » Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 pm

Its drab and dreary.

Bright and exciting colors are much nicer. Think flourescents...
Go Huskers!

Blazkowicz

Post by Blazkowicz » Thu May 25, 2006 10:17 pm

I use 192.192.192 for my task bar (that's the win 9x gray ;))

I wonder how your skin would look like with it.
really impressive! and it has a good "3D" look. tons of themes for windows exist, but the task bar is usually flat.